This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

As we move out of spooky season and into the season of thankfulness and pumpkin galore, we must also look into our wardrobes to consider what articles of clothing we can saunter through the fall leaves in. These eight pieces of clothing can be paired together to make an outfit that warrants the compliments of the top fashion designers and keep you warm at the same time. If they don’t keep you warm, at least you’ll look good while the goosebumps grow! 

Fishnet Tights

Although these tights will allow air to slip through their holes, they are a staple that makes skirt outfits pop. Fishnet tights cause passersby to look twice and marvel at the bold look that they are sad enough not to be flaunting. 

Plaid Skirt

These skirts are perfect for the dark academia aesthetic. Paired with a cozy crewneck sweater or turtleneck, they simply will command a mysterious love interest to approach you at the coffee shop — wearing a mask, of course.

Cozy Turtleneck

Paired with the essential plaid skirt, a cozy turtleneck draws the eye to the face. Not only are they flattering, but they protect your neck from the brisk fall air.

Solid Cardigans

Solid cardigans, worn most fashionably unbuttoned with a patterned top, keep the body warm while still highlighting the collarbones and beautiful jewelry. Cardigans allow modesty, while still remaining true to fashion.

Leather Jacket

Leather jackets are increasingly seen throughout the streets of New York City. These jackets, screaming sophistication and class, can be found at thrift stores to avoid breaking the bank.

Bootcut Jeans

Highlighting every important part of the leg, bootcut jeans add flair to life and your fit. Travel back in time, but bring the compliments in.

Baseball Caps

Fashioned with a ponytail or loose curls, baseball caps add that pop of color to your deep autumn palette. Not only that, but their casual nature helps to dress down more fancy fits, so you can look good no matter the occasion.

Retro Sunglasses

Not only a conversation piece but a path to transforming your world, retro sunglasses are the final accessory every fall fit needs. These colorful sunglasses change the colors of the world while matching with the colors of your outfit. These glasses can be found for as cheap for $5, but their utility is priceless.

Bella Druckman

Columbia Barnard '24

Hi! My name is Bella Druckman, and I am a freshman at Barnard majoring in English and Human Rights. I’m from Chicago, but love the big city of New York. I love to bake - especially cookies - and share those goodies with my friends. When I’m not taking photos, or crafting, you can find me fighting for social justice or spreading my kindness through the world.