This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Believe it or not, Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Although the holiday will look different for most of us this year, you can still be festive and fashionable, no matter what your plans are! Of course, since it’s 2020, comfort and coziness are key. Here are a few fashion must-haves for this year’s Thanksgiving season.

An oversized sweater

Escape the fall chill by snuggling up in an oversized sweater. You could go with the classic knitted turtleneck, a colored striped sweater, or a fancy sweater dress — the possibilities are endless. Pair it with your favorite flannel and mom jeans and get cozy!

Fall colors

A large part of Thanksgiving’s appeal is, of course, the ~aesthetic~. It’s time to bring out your favorite fall colors, like maroon, orange, yellow, brown, and olive green. You can also change up your surroundings to fit the season. See if you have any Thanksgiving decor and adorn your room with a cute mini pumpkin or turkey. Or go outside and take some pictures of the fall leaves for your phone lockscreen.

Fuzzy socks

Personally, these are one of my favorite essentials as the weather gets colder. Not only do fuzzy socks keep your feet nice and toasty, they also look super cute with leggings and your favorite pair of UGG boots.

Fall makeup

Of course, if you’re planning a Zoom Friendsgiving or just want some pics for the ‘gram, you’re going to need a fabulous fall makeup look. Create a stunning bronze and gold eyeshadow look, put on some peach-colored blush, or make a statement with a bold red lip. You can check out Pinterest or YouTube for some inspiration or a tutorial!

Sweats (duh!)

Who said sweats can’t be fashionable? It’s 2020 after all, and there’s no shame in showing up to Thanksgiving dinner in your favorite pair of sweatpants and a matching hoodie. You can even pair your sweats with a cute scarf or a velvet scrunchie to really complete the look.

Even though Thanksgiving will be different this year, we can still be festive and look fabulous, of course! No matter how you’re celebrating, be sure to stay safe and healthy. Happy Thanksgiving! 

Kristin Merrilees

Columbia Barnard '24

Hey! My name is Kristin and I'm a current sophomore at Barnard College. I like to write about culture, tech, and anything cool I find on the internet! I also love oat milk, Twitter, and my pitbull mix, Kalvin.