This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

During this weird, unprompted, and seemingly permanent spring break that Covid-19 has put us in, it’s a perfect time to start and finish a TV show in one day. Lucky for you, I’ve compiled five shows with different episode lengths to suit your binging needs.

Cheer

This reality show follows the best collegiate cheerleading team, located in Corsicana, Texas. If you love actual suspense and living vicariously through people more athletic than you, this show is for you. It focuses on Navarro College’s cheer team and their path to the biggest cheerleading competition of the year. Cheer is definitely a family-friendly show you can binge this quarantine. Each episode is about 45 minutes and the whole first season is currently available.

Too Hot to Handle

This show is bad; I mean baaaad. The premise is that ten objectively hot people go onto a remote island for a month, but the twist is that they can’t hook up with each other. If they don’t, they win $100K. But for each rule break, they can lose money (for reference, a kiss is $3K). For regular people, no problem, let’s go win $100K. For the people on this show, however, it’s somehow impossible to go a day without hooking up. Each episode is about an hour and the first season is all ready to binge.

The Circle

This show is like Big Brother, but without actually ever meeting people on the show. Eight contestants move into an apartment building, but can only communicate through a social media app called The Circle. They can upload pictures, chat, and post statuses, but who’s to say they’re not catfishes? Every episode, contestants rank each other based on their profiles, and the top two can choose who to eliminate. With a chance to win $100K, some people really play dirty. An episode is 50 minutes, and the American and Brazilian version of this show are available right now.

Nailed It

If you don’t already know about Nicole Byer’s hilarious show, you’re seriously missing out. This reality baking show gets three bad bakers to recreate incredibly difficult cakes and pastries, leading to some hilarious failures. Contestants have failed at baking the famous unicorn cake, shark attack cake, and Donald Trump cake. Episodes are around 20 minutes, and there are four seasons on Netflix already, so there’s plenty to binge. 

Married at First Sight

This show is like a prequel to Love is Blind, but with a bigger budget. As the title suggests, contestants literally meet a stranger at the altar and marry them. Imagine your first words of marriage being: “What’s your name?” The show provides them with a wedding, a honeymoon, and two marriage counselors. If your question is, “Should I marry a complete stranger?”, this show will give you the answer: NO. Episodes are over an hour each and season nine is available on Netflix.

Don’t waste your time! Hop right to binging these shows, and maybe even share using a Netflix Party.

Kyrie Woodard

Columbia Barnard '23

is originally a Washingtonian turned New Yorker. Her hobbies include talking about her cats, Bobby and Greg, and drawing macroeconomic graphs.