This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Bored of combing through old How to Get Away with Murder GIFs? We compiled a handy list of 10 movies/shows to check out on Netflix when you’re in the mood for something new. Let this mix of classics and fresh content help get you through midterms season relatively unscarred. 

Beasts of No Nation

If Idris Elba wasn’t already enough of a draw, this Netflix original has gotten tons of heat as one of the best movies of 2015. While the all-black cast was totally snubbed by #OscarsSoWhack, the film has gotten a whole lot of critical appreciation and is totally worth all the hype. tl;dr Idris Elba.

Narcos

Nothing says “get hyped for Colombia Spring Break” like this high intensity drama about the Colombian drug trade. 

Arrested Development

Hands down one of the smartest comedies of all time, Arrested Development has givent us a lifetime of quotable moments in the form of the Bluths, the world’s most dysfunctional TV family. Come for a young Michael Cera, stay for increasingly intricate plot lines and television’s funniest (only?) loose seal attack. 

Legally Blonde

Did you know that Legally Blonde was on Netflix?! There’s no better way to procrastinate studying for your LSAT. 

Orange is the New Black

OITNB is like if Grey’s Anatomy had a love child with The L Word, with an added dash of incredibly astute and timely political commentary; it’s required viewing.

Dope

Fly outfits, a dope soundtrack, and Zoe Kravitz. What are you waiting for?

Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats

I get that stand up isn’t for everyone, but it’s physically impossible to watch Chelsea Peretti’s latest special without minimum chuckling. 

Homeland

Apparently, everyone who has ever watched Homeland is obsessed with it. Please binge watch this series and talk to my dad about it so I don’t have to do it.

The Office

My number one favorite show to rewatch, The Office is short, sweet, and hilarious, especially the first two seasons. If you don’t mess with Jim and Pam, I don’t mess with you. 

Paris Is Burning

This classic documentary about the NYC ball scene in the 1980s is a must-see. Unlike whatever you’re probably working on in Butler right now, it’s fun AND educational.