candy 0jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
candy 0jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Which Halloween Candy Are You Based on Your Zodiac Sign?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

We all have our favorite, go-to Halloween candy to indulge in around this time of year. Some are chocolate-lovers, others crave sour or sweet; But, have you ever been matched to a Halloween candy based on your Zodiac sign? I might have been a bit skeptical myself at first, but this Halloween season is the time to branch out and develop new traditions. 

AQUARIUS ~ January 20 – February 18

Flavored Tootsie Rolls

Known as Independent, original, and uncompromising, Aquarius are perfectly represented by flavored Tootsie Rolls. They are eccentric enough to be more than the basic chocolate flavor, but quiet enough not to be something fizzy or sour. These candies are a different take on a classic.

PISCES ~ February 19 – March 20

Hershey Bars

Pisces are compassionate, intuitive, and gentle. They do just fine being on their own, but also love romance. The Hershey’s chocolate bar is a classic, tasty treat that you can share with someone special or enjoy all on your own.

ARIES ~ March 21 – April 19

Red Hots

Enthusiastic, passionate, impulsive, aggressive, Aries are known to be hot tempered and thrive on physical challenges. One of the most active zodiac signs, Red Hots are perfect for this dynamic sign.

TAURUS ~ April 20 – May 20

Kit Kats

Taurus are reliable, practical, and stable. They are stubborn and dislike sudden changes. The classic but outstanding Kit Kit is the perfect candy for Taurus. 

GEMINI ~ May 21 – June 20

Starbursts

Gemini are known to be both gentle and affectionate, as well as nervous and restless. With its vary polarizing flavors, (lemon are the absolute best) Starburst represent this versatile zodiac sign well.  

CANCER ~ June 21 – July 22

PayDay

Tenacious, loyal, moody, suspicious, Cancers have a lot going on and can be a tricky sign to get to know. PayDay might seem a strange choice but, if you are willing to put in the work (like chewing through all the layers of nuts, caramel, and nougat) you’ll gain a loyal friend for life.

LEO ~ July 23 – August 22

Almond Joy

Leos are known as creative, passionate, stubborn, and warm-hearted. They perfectly encapsulate the Almond Joy. Proud enough to think you want just a block of coconut mush but cheerful enough to convince you that maybe you like it if it’s covered in chocolate. 

VIRGO ~ August 23 – September 22

Butterfinger

Analytical, hardworking, practical, and critical, the Butterfinger is the perfect candy for this methodological sign. Though kind on the outside (like the Butterfinger’s chocolate coating), their heart might be more closed off (much like the crunchy toffee wafer).

LIBRA ~ September 23 – October 22

Twix

Libras are cooperative, gracious, diplomatic, and indecisive. They are fair and they hate being alone, making the paired Twix the perfect candy for this sign.

SCORPIO ~ October 23 – November 21

Skittles

With traits like resourceful, brave, and passionate coupled with distrusting, jealous, and secretive, Scorpios may seem like a bit of a mixed bag. But, like the classic bag of Skittles, these signs can get along with many people.

SAGITTARIUS ~ November 22 – December 21

Snickers

Generous, idealistic, and impatient, Saggitarious want to experience as much of the world as possible. The Snickers bar, with its layers of nuts, caramel, and nougat can deliver for this energetic sign.

CAPRICORN ~ December 22 – January 19

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup

Responsible, disciplined, and unforgiving, Capricorns might seem like a boring sign; But, like the classic peanut butter and chocolate combination that shines in the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, this traditional sign can be very successful. 

Anthropology and French double major From Oakton, VA
Courtney Day

Colgate '22

Courtney Day is the Campus Correspondent for the Colgate University chapter of Her Campus. She is an English major, minoring in both Political Science and Writing & Rhetoric, and is a member of the Women's Varsity Lacrosse team.