body images 2019 10 18 bread cheese close up 1885578jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2019 10 18 bread cheese close up 1885578jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 5 Hamilton Eatery Sandwiches

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

As my friends can attest, the Hamilton Eatery is by far my favorite place to eat in town. The rotation of delicious specials, wide variety of sandwiches and wraps, and the salad options make it a clear winner in my book. Because the sandwich options are endless and all mouth watering, I am giving you my top 5 Eatery sandwiches at the moment. 

1. Club: 

A classic. This sandwich is made with turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and a smear of mayo on toasted sourdough. If you are in the mood for something simple, filling, and delicious, this is the sandwich to get. On occasion, the Eatery switches out the plain mayo for cranberry mayo, making this tasty sandwich reminiscent of a Thanksgiving meal. If you want additional flavor, add on guacamole. You will not regret ordering this sandwich!

2. The Conway:

This sandwich is one of my newer and favorite finds. It is made with chicken salad, Buffalo cheddar, lettuce, tomato and sriracha mayo on toasted whole wheat bread. If you are not a chicken salad fan like myself, switch it out for the roasted chicken. This spicy sandwich is packed with flavor and will warm you up on a cold Hamilton day. 

3. Breakfast BLT:

The Breakfast BLT is a go-to of mine for breakfast. It is made with bacon, lettuce, tomato, provolone, egg and mayo on a plain bagel. As you can probably tell by now, I am biased towards certain sandwich ingredients. If you enjoy a BLT you will love the Breakfast BLT even more. I prefer to add on an extra egg for additional protein. 

4. Big Willy: 

The Big Willy is a delicious lunch option. The turkey, cheddar, tomato and guacamole on sourdough all work together in a wonderful and tasty way. This sandwich is made on the griddle which means that the bread is extra crispy and warm. I modify this sandwich by asking for light guacamole as they are not shy with this topping. 

5. Rachel:

The Rachel is another griddle sandwich made with turkey, slaw, Swiss and 1000 island dressing on marbled rye. To put it simply, the ingredients in this sandwich just work. The melted cheese in combination with slaw and 1000 island dressing elevate your typical turkey sandwich, making it a constant favorite of mine (especially when I am trying to cut back on my bacon in-take). 

*Secret Non-Sandwich Winner*: Breakfast Plate

Although this is a ranking of sandwiches, I just could not leave this item out of my Eatery recommendation list because it is an all time favorite of mine. The Breakfast Plate comes with two fried eggs, bacon, potatoes and sourdough toast. Additionally, you get melted butter and jam to spice up the meal. The combination of these breakfast components never disappoints and it is one of the few menu items that come with their delicious home fries. Tip: you can switch the bacon out for a sausage patty. Try this one out!

My name is Sara Feidelson. I am currently a junior and am majoring in Economics
Courtney Day

Colgate '22

Courtney Day is the Campus Correspondent for the Colgate University chapter of Her Campus. She is an English major, minoring in both Political Science and Writing & Rhetoric, and is a member of the Women's Varsity Lacrosse team.