Top 3 Movies to get you in the Mood for Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Well, it is that time of the year again. Thanksgiving is in two weeks and Christmas is just around the corner. John Jug has declared it acceptable to play Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” again and not feel ashamed. Before you know it, it is going to be winter break. So, why not get ahead and get in the mood for Christmas! There is no better way to procrastinate from your work then binge watching cheesy Christmas movies. Here is my list of top 3 Christmas movies you must watch on Netflix…

1. Love Actually

Love actually is a classic! A holiday season would be incomplete without watching this movie! After coming out in 2003 Love Actually has withstood the test of time. This movie never gets old and neither does looking at Hugh Grant. The movie follows multiple different couples as they find love. All of the characters are intertwined in a Valentine’s Day-esk way. This rom-com will make you eager to go searching for a holiday love.

2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

No matter how old you are, you can appreciate How the Grinch Stole Christmas. By the end of watching the movie you will have just as much Christmas spirit as all of Whoville combined! Everytime I rewatch this movie I completely forget how funny it is. Watching this live action version will be great preparation and get you amped up to go and see the cartoon remake of the film, “The Grinch” in which Benedict Cumberbatch is the voice of the Grinch.

3. A Christmas Prince

A Christmas Prince may not be the best Christmas movie ever made but it is one that you should give a try. It is so cheesy and cringeworthy at some points, but you cannot stop watching. The premise of the movie revolves around a normal girl and a Prince falling in love, but plot twist…she has been lying about her identity as she is a reporter looking for a story! Will the prince forgive her after he finds out?! Go and watch it to see for yourself. Personally I like Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s story better but this will do!

Colgate
My name is Meghan and I am very excited to be Colgate's Campus Correspondent! I am a junior at Colgate and a Sociology major. My hometown is Manhattan Beach, California, and Colgate is such an amazing and special place to me (despite getting used to the brutal winters)! I love social media, writing, and photography, and can't wait to share all of the events, trending topics, and news happening at Colgate this coming semester!