This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

…As if you haven’t already heard enough about studying. With finals just around the corner, it’s hard to go a day without hearing someone complain about all the work they have to do. Not to mention walking into the lib cafe and seeing that ridiculous line for coffee and study break cookies. That’s when you know it is getting real.

But as painful as those long hours holed up in your study space seem, there are many ways to make it much more manageable. Luckily for you, I have compiled a list that might just be the savior to your long week ahead. Here are six tips and tricks for getting through studying in the most efficient way possible:

1. Superfoods + water  

Although it may be tempting to keep yourself going with snacks and coffee, these choices will really hurt you in the long run when you’re crashing and burning. Healthier choices, like complex carbs and protein, will keep your energy going and keep you feeling full longer as you continue to grind. And trust me, your digestive system will thank you.

5. Be the teacher

Not only will you help your friends learn the material, but you end up testing yourself in the process. It’s a win-win situation so get out that white board and teach the class, professor!

And finally, when it comes down to the dreaded day of the exam, eat a good meal beforehand!! Not only will it give your body the energy it needs to think, but you do not want your stomach rumbling while your last two brain cells are trying to work.

Don’t forget that no matter how you do, it’s not the end of the world. One exam does not reflect on you as a person or a potential employee. But it can reflect on how well you prepared, so stop reading this article and get started!