Culture > News

Time to Dance: Campus Spotlight with Senior Basketball Player Malcolm Regisford

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Colgate Men Basketball went dancing for the first time since 1996! I had the chance to sit down with one of the players before they headed off to Columbus, and here is what he had to say!

1. Name: Malcolm Regisford

2. Position: Forward

3. Height: 6’8”

4. How long have you been playing basketball?: I have been playing basketball since about 5 years old and have been in love ever since.

5. How does it feel to go dancing for the first time since 1996?: The feeling it’s pretty incredible as we have been able to accomplish something few teams get to do but then you add the history with our and how we are snake to reach this pint again, it’s really special.

6. What is your favorite part of the team?: Favorite part of the team is most definitely the comradery and the relationships we get to build over our time here.

7. Any special warm up traditions?: No special warm ups or anything like that, just prepare as usual and go out and have fun.

8. What is your game warm up song?: “NICE” by THE CARTERS (Jay Z and Beyoncé)

9. What is your strategy for moving forward?: Moving forward we just aim to stick to what has brought us success this entire season and not compromising that identity.

10. What team do you want to go up against the most?: I’m ready for whoever they give us.

My name is Meghan and I am very excited to be Colgate's Campus Correspondent! I am a junior at Colgate and a Sociology major. My hometown is Manhattan Beach, California, and Colgate is such an amazing and special place to me (despite getting used to the brutal winters)! I love social media, writing, and photography, and can't wait to share all of the events, trending topics, and news happening at Colgate this coming semester!