This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Although I tend to skip straight to Christmas in November, fall in Hamilton is hard to beat. The colorful leaves on the trees, the crisp air, the farmer’s market, Flour & Salt’s chaider… it’s all about romanticizing your life, especially when the temperatures start to drop. One of my favorite ways to romanticize walking around campus and studying is listening to a solid fall playlist. “Fall music” is subjective, but I lean towards cozy, folksy, mellow, and nostalgic music during this time. There’s a little bit of everything in here. 

I present you 30 of my favorite songs from my fall playlist, 

“Small town fall”

1. Invisible string – Taylor Swift
  2. Like Real People Do – Hozier
  3. Halloween – Novo Amor
  4. City Rain – John Vincent III
  5. Big Black Car – Gregory Alan Isakov
  6. To the Mountains – Lizzy McAlpine
  7. Dandelion Wine – Gregory Alan Isakov
  8. Of Love and Life – Caamp
  9. Weekend – Sumbuck, Savannah Conley
  10. Northern Attitude – Noah Kahan
  11. New Song – Maggie Rogers, Del Water Gap
  12. Mona Lisa And Mad Hatters – Elton John
  13. Paint – The Paper Kites
  14. Spotless (feat. The Lumineers) – Zach Bryan, The Lumineers
  15. City Rain – John Vincent III
  16. Silver Springs – 2004 Remastered – Fleetwood Mac
  17. Roly Poly – Mt. Joy
  18. Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon & Garfunkel
  19. Growing Sideways – Noah Kahan
  20. Thinking ‘Bout Love – Wild Rivers
  21. People Change – Mispo
  22. Portland, Maine – Donovan Woods
  23. Ends of the Earth – Lord Huron
  24. Here Comes The Sun – Richie Havens
  25. Jackie and Wilson – Hozier
  26. Work Song – Hozier
  27. She’s Always a Woman – Billy Joel
  28. Sweet Baby James – James Taylor
  29. Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) – Remastered 2010 – John Lennon
  30. Nobody – Mac DeMarco

If you enjoyed some of these songs and artists, check out the link to Spotify here to listen to the whole thing! This playlist is the best to listen to in between classes, doing work in the Coop, or even when you’re getting ready in the morning. It can be easy to fall into the stress of work during this time with course registration, internship searching, and finals looming over your head. I suggest carving 30 minutes to an hour out of your day, turning on some music, and going for a run or walk through town.  

Hi! I'm Audrey and I'm from Chicago, IL pursuing a psychological and brain sciences major and political science minor. I am a junior at Colgate University and this is my third year in Her Campus!