This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

One of the highlights of Colgate’s dining experience is Coop Sunday dinner. A huge buffet with salad, bread rolls, and the specialty meal of the week- what more could we ask for? This semester’s dinner offerings are different from last semester, so let’s rank them:

1. Stuffed Greek chicken

I actually really enjoy this dinner option. The chicken is relatively moist from the stuffing and I find the chicken to be decently flavorful. With some wild rice and roasted carrots, I find myself satisfied and feeling like I ate a well-balanced, tasty meal.

1. Steak

Among my friends, Coop’s steak is very hit or miss. Some love it, some hate it, and I understand both sides. I personally think the steak is fine if you accept it for what it is: from a dining hall. Sure, some pieces are a little questionable and the texture might be a little off but overall I enjoy it as it is pretty much the only time while at school that we can eat steak. If you get a good piece, the steak dinner can be a quite delicious meal when paired with salad, bread, and mashed potatoes.

1. Cajun chicken

In theory, this would be my favorite Sunday dinner. Fried chicken, mac and cheese, and collard greens all sound delicious. Unfortunately, I find that this meal disappoints. The fried chicken is quite bland and the skin isn’t crispy. I think the mac and cheese is bland as well. I have no complaints about the collard greens though, and if you eat them with the chicken and mac and cheese you can convince yourself that you’re eating a relatively well-seasoned meal.

1. Lemon pork loin

In the spirit of honesty, I will admit that I’ve never tried the lemon pork loin. Instead, I asked my friend Philip his thoughts on the meal, and he described the pork as tough and bland. Neither of these descriptions sounds particularly appetizing, so unfortunately the lemon pork loin gets ranked last. However, I do love the roasted corn and find that the mashed potatoes never disappoint.

We can all agree that no dining hall dinner is perfect, but I know that I look forward to almost every Coop Sunday dinner because we all deserve to have a meal that’s a little more special than the rest. Whether or not you agree with the rankings, I hope you have a happy Sunday dinner!

Ella Moon

Colgate '23

Ella is a freshman at Colgate University from Short Hills, New Jersey.