jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Personal Goals for the Month of April

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

With 6 weeks left of school, it’s time to buckle down and be your best self for these final days!  Here are some personal goals as we begin the month of April.

1. Make time for yourself

These final weeks are STRESSFUL.  With professors trying to cram everything in before it’s too late, it feels as though every day is either a test or a paper due.  In the midst of all of this, it is important not to lose sight of your own personal health and emotions. These tests and papers won’t be with us forever, but our mind and body will!

2. Eat healthier

It can feel very hard to eat healthy in frank when ice cream and and various desserts are the first things you see when you walk in and the last things you see when you walk out.  It may taste great in the moment, but your body will thank you this summer when you opted out of Sundae Sunday (everything in moderation, though :)

3. Talk more nicely to yourself

I am often very hard on myself whether it be in school or competing on my sports team or with myself in the gym.  Life is too short to worry about one bad grade or about time that you’ve wasted scrolling through the explore page on Instagram.  What is important is to love ourselves in every stage and if we have a slip up to get back on track again.

4. Have more FUN

There is about a month left of school so there’s limited time left this year to go out with friends!  “No one looks back and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep”. Next time you’re pushing against going out as your friend tries to convince you to come, maybe give in!

5. Start wearing more cute clothes

It is so easy to get in the habit of throwing on leggings or sweats and a sweatshirt every day for class, but then what are we saving all of our good clothes for!  Every day is a good day to look good.

Courtney Day

Colgate '22

Courtney Day is the Campus Correspondent for the Colgate University chapter of Her Campus. She is an English major, minoring in both Political Science and Writing & Rhetoric, and is a member of the Women's Varsity Lacrosse team.