My Fall Fashion Staples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Obviously I’m not thrilled that summer is officially over (good-bye weekends of boating excursions to ACK and MV, weekdays at the yacht club, as well as the sun and heat in general), but at least getting back to Colgate’s campus inspires me to work on my wardrobe. Everyone comes back to school in the fall with a few new outfits to show off their first week of school and I couldn’t help but pick out a few of my favorite items. The following clothing, shoes, and accessories are fall staples that transform your outfit whether you feel like having a lazy or fashionable day. Click through the following pages to see my fall staples!

[pagebreak]

1.     The Striped Ex-Boyfriend Sweater in marmalade: Made partially out of cashmere, this brightly striped sweater is so comfy I can throw it on for morning classes and still feel like I made an effort. 

[pagebreak]

2.     Derby Pullover: The perfect item for a lazy Sunday when you’re stuck in Case all day attempting to do work…at least you’ll be comfortable! 

[pagebreak]

3.    Blythe blouse in all the colors offered. I’m obsessed with silk, especially silk blouses because theyare classic yet feminine.You can wear one with jeans, or dress it up with a high-wasted skirt.

[pagebreak]

4.     The Frye Engineer Boot: This classic is perfect for tailgates this fall. Want to try something a little bit edgier? I recently bought the Jeffrey Campbell France Wrap Strap Boots and love them equally as much as the Frye boot.

[pagebreak]

5.     Patagonia Women’s R2 Vest: While vests can be pretty bulky, this one is lightweight enough to fit under a jacket yet provides enough warmth for the chilly temperatures coming our way. My perfect fall outfit: this vest with a Chambray button down, dark
skinny jeans, and a pair of JC boots. Happy fall! 

Caroline Tocci is a Colgate '13 post-grad living in NYC. Besides working as an editorial assistant at Scholastic, she enjoys running, traveling, sailing, cooking, cheering for the Patriots, reading, and writing, of course. You can check out her blog Caroline's Cucina at http://www.carolinescucina.tumblr.com or follow her on Twitter, @carolinetocci. 
Emily Bliss is a sophomore at Colgate University, where her academic interests include Political Science, Economics, and Chinese. She hopes to attend business school upon her graduation. In addition to being a tour guide and admissions office volunteer, she competes with the Alpine Ski Racing Team and the Rugby Club. Emily calls Cambridge, Massachusetts home, as it is where she was born and raised, though she loves living in Hamilton, New York when school is in session. Her favorite activities include spending time in and around Boston, watching Gossip Girl, traveling, and cooking!