This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Full Name: Michael McCann
Hometown: Barrington, IL
Major: Undecided

What he does on campus: He plays center on the Men’s Ice Hockey team, he is #26!

His favorite memory at Colgate: Traveling with the Men’s Ice Hockey team to Europe this past summer. The team traveled to Italy and Switzerland.

Why he came to Colgate University: At Colgate, he had the opportunity to play ice hockey, while having a sense of community.

If he could play a professional sport, other than ice hockey, he would play either baseball or soccer.

Sports played in high school: In high school, he played football, soccer, baseball, and cycling.

During the hockey off-season, he plays pick-up hockey to stay in hockey shape.

Favorite Movies: Eurotrip, She’s Out of my League, and Tropic Thunder.

Hockey Ritual: before every game, he listens to Harry Potter 7 on his iPod to de-stress.

Fun fact: He left home to go to boarding school when he was 14 years old.

Favorite TV shows: a range of TV shows he has watched and liked consist of The O.C., the Real World, Glee, and Franklin Bash.

Favorite Place on Campus: the hockey rink

Note: while answering these questions, Mike was playing online Fifa and winning!

Emily Bliss is a sophomore at Colgate University, where her academic interests include Political Science, Economics, and Chinese. She hopes to attend business school upon her graduation. In addition to being a tour guide and admissions office volunteer, she competes with the Alpine Ski Racing Team and the Rugby Club. Emily calls Cambridge, Massachusetts home, as it is where she was born and raised, though she loves living in Hamilton, New York when school is in session. Her favorite activities include spending time in and around Boston, watching Gossip Girl, traveling, and cooking!