This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Black is the only color suitable for every season at Colgate, seeing as Colgate really only has one: Winter. This look is a good update on your typical Friday night style (dinner with friends, a date…pretty much anything).

Bodycon dresses are still in, ladies, and the black trim on the sides makes it more slimming.

Adding the sweater/coat is a good way to make the outfit even more flattering, and, let’s face it, we all probably feel more at ease with a bit left to the imagination. The sweater/coat/cardigan—whatever you want to call it—is a wardrobe staple. This one is fancy enough to wear over a nice dress to give it a more modern look and casual enough to rock with distressed jeans and the quilted H&M slip-on flats.

Fringe is where it’s at if you’re looking to update your plain black purse.

Mixing and matching is key for any college girl, and each of these items can be worn in multiple ways so your wardrobe never gets old…

Other ways to these items:The Dress: Wear with black boots and a blazer, or dressed up for a formal affair with stilettos.The Cardigan/Jacket/Sweater: Wear pretty much over anything you want, regardless of the occasion—and it will be flattering AF.The Shoes: The quilting gives them a more feminine take on an otherwise edgy shoe. Feeling edgy? Wear with denim and a simple tee (cropped or oversized), and layer on silver or gunmetal-toned jewelry. Feeling feminine? Pair with a dress or a skirt and a silk button down.The Bag: FRINGE. FRINGE. FRINGE. That is all.

Find out more about this look and other great looks at http://fashionsaradise.tumblr.com.