How Much Do You Relate to Colgate Memes?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Doing the daily scroll through Facebook before calling it quits on a day’s worth of classes, readings and homeworks is something every college student does. Whether it’s a few of those minute long cooking videos that increase your cravings for brownies, cupcakes and double stuff peanut butter oreo cookies—or a lifetime’s worth of Kermit the frog memes—mindless entertainment helps relieve the stress of staring at a powerpoint all day and feverishly scribbling down every word that comes out of the teacher’s mouth.

Each school has its own set of jokes and parodies about professors, events and cafeteria food, but Colgate’s seem to be endless.  Now there is a place for all of these comical sayings to meet: “Colgate Jugz.” The Facebook page created this past December is the home of all things Colgate and is truly the best way to unravel after writing your Challenges of Modernity essay about the Odyssey—or your entire senior thesis in one day.

We’re sharing with you our top five memes about Colgate:

#1 May we always hold Colgate’s culinary experts in a godlike divinty

#2 When the student body received the email that ex-vice president—and more importantly meme king himself—is planning a trip to Hamilton

#3 It’s now four o’clock on a Thursday and it looks as though you’re going naked to formal tonight

#4 At least you have mozz sticks to console you

#5 And lastly, when a ray of light shines on our snow stricken pathways