Style > Fashion

Group Halloween Costume Ideas for You and Your Besties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

With all of the midterms we’ve been studying for and all of the papers we’ve had due, it might have slipped your mind to brainstorm Halloween costume ideas. If that’s the case, here are some of my favorite trendy halloween costumes that will be a hit with your friend group this Halloween. All of these costume ideas are very versatile so you can tailor them to pieces you already have in you and your friends’ closets. If you don’t have everything you want for a costume, don’t worry! Amazon Prime has everything you would need in terms of clothing and accessories and will get you your things in one day. 

Here are some of my favorite group costumes for this year:

Cheetah Girls

This is a super quick and easy costume to pull together with your friends to embody the y2k look that is back in style. All you need is a matching sweat set (they have a ton on Amazon in various colors), a headband, and some white sneakers.

Fairies

You will definitely see many fairies around campus this Halloweekend. This Halloween costume has been trending on TikTok and I can totally understand why. There is no set costume for this costume; being a fairy allows you to use whatever cute dresses/two piece sets you already have in your closet. Add some sparkly wings plus some colorful eyeshadow, and you’re good to go!

Barbies

You might be wondering, how is Barbie a group costume? There are so many different types of Barbie dolls that each girl in your friend group will have one to match their personality. Workout Barbie, Ski Barbie, Cowboy Barbie… Be creative with it!

60’s Girls

Although hippies are a timeless costume, this year is the year to wear this costume because of all the two piece tie dye sets that are trending right now. Some of my favorite two piece tie dye sets are from Princess Polly, which has super fast shipping to get your costume here right on time for Halloweekend!

Vampires/Witches

This is my favorite costume to do in a time crunch because there is no wrong way to dress as a vampire or witch! Grab any black pieces from your closet and ship a few accessories from Amazon and you’ll have a super cute and complete costume. My suggestion for these costumes is to get some colored contacts to elevate your look; chances are you’ll get compliments on them all night! 

Hi! I'm Audrey and I'm from Chicago, IL pursuing a psychological and brain sciences major and political science minor. I am a junior at Colgate University and this is my third year in Her Campus!