Fall Fashion Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

With the end of summer comes one good thing: back to school shopping. It’s a fresh new year, so why not be the one to bring these trends to campus. The following Fall fashion trends are perfect for school this semester, whether you’re going to class, the library, frank, or even the Jug, you’re bound to like one of the fashion world’s current obsessions.

Crimson Red:Lucky for us Raiders, one of the top colors on the runways this fall is one we all have in our wardrobes. It’s rich and dark- the perfect autumnal color. Try this dress for a night out or this monogrammed Longchamp bag to store your books. 

Bright Pants:Just because summer is over doesn’t mean we need to dress head to toe in dark colors. Why not try some colorful                                                                                           corduroys with your dark layered tops?  

Jade Green: This shade of green looks good  on all skin tones but is extremely under worn.  If you like this trend, try this chic top from Top  Shop.

Camo-Inspired: 
There are lots of different prints and  patterns that are popular for  this  upcoming season, including a few camouflage styles. However, I have to say that this trend is tricky. If you feel bold enough to try it, wear only one camo piece per outfit. This camo coatandtopare some of my favorite fall picks. 

Chunky Sweaters:  While it’s not cold out yet in
Hamilton,
we all know itdefinitely will be in a few weeks. Clearly, if you are going to buy one item on this list, it should be a warm chunky sweater. They don’t have to be bulky either! They come crocheted, cropped, or even oversized- just take                                                            your pick! 

Caroline Tocci is a Colgate '13 post-grad living in NYC. Besides working as an editorial assistant at Scholastic, she enjoys running, traveling, sailing, cooking, cheering for the Patriots, reading, and writing, of course. You can check out her blog Caroline's Cucina at http://www.carolinescucina.tumblr.com or follow her on Twitter, @carolinetocci. 
Emily Bliss is a sophomore at Colgate University, where her academic interests include Political Science, Economics, and Chinese. She hopes to attend business school upon her graduation. In addition to being a tour guide and admissions office volunteer, she competes with the Alpine Ski Racing Team and the Rugby Club. Emily calls Cambridge, Massachusetts home, as it is where she was born and raised, though she loves living in Hamilton, New York when school is in session. Her favorite activities include spending time in and around Boston, watching Gossip Girl, traveling, and cooking!