Everyday Things To Keep In Mind

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

“Just because someone doesn’t look like you or does look like you doesn’t mean they are

“The worst thing you can have in this world is a closed mind”

“We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion.“- Max De Pree

“I wish they’d teach in school that if you’re a jerk and can’t work with people, it doesn’t matter how smart or talented you are; you’re probably going to fail.” – The Motely Fool

“Diversity: The art of thinking independently together.”- Malcolm Forbes

Elena Havas is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Colgate University. She is an English Major with an emphasis in creative writing as well as a Minor in Film and Media Studies. She began blogging for Her Campus in the Spring of 2013. She has made new initiatives to expand Her Campus across Colgate's Campus. She is a native of New York City and some of her interests include life advice, pop culture, women's rights, public policy reform and referring to herself in the third person under her alias notoriously known as "lanes".