Easy Super Bowl Sunday Dishes to Make

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Super Bowl LV is right around the corner. This Sunday the Kansas City Chiefs will play against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, facing off in one of the most highly anticipated sporting events of the year. You can watch the game on CBS at 6:30pm EST. Whether you are watching for the live action, commercials, or The Weeknd’s halftime show, nothing completes a Sunday night of football more than a delicious homemade dish. Regardless if you’re rooting for Brady or Mahomes to take home the Lombardi Trophy, these Super Bowl Sunday homemade recipes are one thing everyone can agree on being the best:

1. Homemade Dips: Buffalo chicken, artichoke, seven layers… the list goes on. Dips make for both an easy and delicious dish, and usually require a limited number of ingredients. Chips, veggies, and crackers usually go best with any dip (or if you’re like me, sometimes a spoon is all you need!)

2. Charcuterie Board: You can never go wrong with a charcuterie board. I usually just throw whatever I have in my fridge and cabinet together, which are mostly cheeses, crackers, nuts, and a spread.  Even better, make it as simple or extravagant as you would like! Charcuterie boards are a great opportunity to show off your creative and decorative skills.

3. Pigs in a Blanket: Ah, the good old-fashioned pig in a blanket. There is nothing better than mini hot dogs baked to crispy perfection in the oven. Get out some mustard and ketchup and you are all set! (Also, Patrick Mahomes is a ketchup lover, so make sure to use a little extra if you are a Chief’s fan for good luck!)

4. Vegetable Tray: Veggie trays serve as a healthy and easy snack to make. Since Super Bowl Sunday is usually filled with some indulgent dishes, veggies are a great appetizer and way to balance out everything you are making! My favorite veggie trays usually have a mix of peppers, carrots, and cucumber, but any vegetable will do!

5. Desserts: At the end of the night, I know I’m always looking forward to a sweet treat. Instead of making traditional brownies or cookies (which never fail to hit the spot), try and get creative with this. Make cupcakes with team colors or have a “make your own ice cream sundae station” with colorful toppings!

Katie Gold

Colgate '22

I'm a junior studying both Film & Media and Sociology. In my spare time, I love to cook new recipes, take long walks, and read. I'm so happy to be apart of the Colgate Her Campus team!
Courtney Day

Colgate '22

Courtney Day is the Campus Correspondent for the Colgate University chapter of Her Campus. She is an English major, minoring in both Political Science and Writing & Rhetoric, and is a member of the Women's Varsity Lacrosse team.