This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

As we know, Hamilton winters tend to be snowy and freezing, but it is still really important to go outside and get fresh air every now and then. However, that means it’s even more essential to have the right clothing. I have compiled a few of my favorite tips that will help you stay warm while outside! 

1. Layers 

Layers are so important because they will help you bundle up and keep warm. Also, if you are going for a walk or a run, you can easily take off layers if you get too warm. It is very helpful to layer long sleeve t-shirts, sweatshirts, vests, jackets, or anything else! 

2. Accessories

Stay warm with hats, scarves, gloves, mittens etc. By accessorizing you are both staying warm and looking cute! A jacket definitely helps, but I truly think what keeps me warm while being outside is having these layers, hats and gloves.

3. Hand Warmers / Toe Warmers

If you’re needing a little extra warmth, try hand warmers! These are great and super easy to use, all you do is stick them in your gloves or your shoes and they keep your hands and feet warm for a while. This is a great option if you want to walk outside for a longer period of time, but still want to stay warm. 

4. Warm Jacket

In Hamilton, NY, you do not need much. However, one piece of clothing that I believe is absolutely essential to have is a warm jacket. It is worth the investment to make sure you are staying warm and safe.

Hi! I'm Elizabeth and I am a junior and a Sociology Major!
Courtney Day

Colgate '22

Courtney Day is the Campus Correspondent for the Colgate University chapter of Her Campus. She is an English major, minoring in both Political Science and Writing & Rhetoric, and is a member of the Women's Varsity Lacrosse team.