Broads Abroad: Where Did They Go & What Does it Look Like

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

As college students, many of us are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to study abroad in wonderfully exotic and beautiful places. We get to travel all around the world and appreciate both the similarities and differences in the various cultures we are introduced to. While the stories our friends bring home to us after a semester away are truly one of a kind—we realize that the pictures that accompany them have the ability to say so much more.

The moments our friends experience abroad are fleeting and the time they spend apart from us passes too quickly for us to understand; however, the memories and feelings they are able to capture in photographs allow us to enjoy those moments together. Beyond the cliché abroad pictures everyone expects to see uploaded to Facebook—here is a compilation of some of our favorite pictures shared with us—many of which we would declare as unimaginable. 

Cataratas del Iguazú

Copenhagen, Denmark 

Munich, Germany

London Bridge, Melbourne

Deans Village, Edinburgh

Lucerne, Switzerland

“Ayers Rock”, Australia

Highlands, Scotland

New Zealand

Montserrat Monastery

They say a picture’s worth a thousand words. For these beauties—let’s make that two.