This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE COLGATE COMMUNITY!!!!!!!

We the Kings will be performing at Colgate for Homecoming this Friday, September 30th! In case you need a quick refresher, We the Kings is an American rock band that absolutely crushed your teenage angst years with the hit songs “Check Yes Juliet”, “Say You Like Me”, and “Sad Song”. 

As a senior I can fully divulge and tell everyone that a homecoming concert is rare and the fact that the performance is by a hit band like We the Kings indicates that this is not an opportunity to miss! To make things ever better the Swinging Gates are starting the night off at 8 p.m. followed by the opening act Dangerboy. Professor Robertson, an infamous stats professor at Colgate University, is a part of Dangerboy. Although I have never taken Professor Robertson’s class, multiple people have already expressed interest in seeing the equations master’s rocker alter ego. 

To make things even better there’s fried food and beer!!!!!! The Come Fry With Me Food Truck is selling concessions—think French fries, chicken tenders, etc. Not to mention the Rusty Rail is catering a beer garden! What else could you ask for when going to a FREE concert?!!?! 

Doors open at 8 p.m. on Whitnall Field and you want to make sure you are there to see your fellow Colgate members perform and then watch in awe as We the Kings blows your mind!