This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

After a long and difficult semester, Christmas time is finally around the corner. Honestly, what gets me so excited about this time of year are all the Christmas inspired sweaters and accessories of the season. I know that Christmas sweaters, in particular, have gotten a reputation of being tacky. However, since I live in a state where it has between 15-20 degrees Fahrenheit every day this December and it’s currently snowing nonstop, you learn to appreciate those little things. Plus the color palette that defines this time of year is so fun to play around with. Cherry reds, pine greens, bright whites, silvery grays, navy blues, and golds provide so many endless possibilities in terms of sweaters and accessories. If you want to liven up your wardrobe or get more into the holiday spirit with these Christmas themed items keep on scrolling!

1.

Snowflake Sweater

Topman Fair Isle Jacquard Crewneck Sweater

Shop.nordstrom.com

$42.00

What I like about this sweater is that even though it utilizes commanding colors like blue, red, black and green the snowflake and zigzag designs are subtle enough that it does not make the sweater feel too overwhelming.

2. 

Fine-Knit Sweater

H&M Fine-knit sweater with wool content with appliqués

Hm.com

$19.99

This sweater is for all the minimalists out there who still want to have a bit of holiday spirit.

3. 

Fairisle Slogan Christmas Sweater

ASOS DEISGN

Us.asos.com

$31.50

This sweater has the perfect balance of Christmas colors and symbols to give it a more classy Christmas vibe.

4. 

Bah Humpug Christmas Sweater

Charlotte Russe “Bah. Humpug!” graphic Christmas sweater

Charlotterusse.com

$20.00

The list would have felt incomplete without a typical “ugly” but funny Christmas sweater and plus, who doesn’t love pugs?

5. 

Everydaying Handmade Christmas Dangle Hook Earrings

Everydaying

Amazon.com

$9.99

Not only are these earrings cute and full of holiday spirit, but also they come in four other holiday themes that are just as interesting as these.

6. 

Aerie Blanket Scarf in Soft Muslin

American Eagle  

Ae.com

$24.95

Blanket scarfs are my go-to scarves for the winter season and the use of Christmas inspired colors on this one make it a win for me.

7. 

Fair Isle Chenille Gloves

Forever21.com

$12.90

The reindeer and snowflake designs on these are so cute that it does not matter that the color palette is not as colorful. Also, the chenille fabric is so soft that it is quickly becoming one of my favorite fabrics for winter garments.

Angie Diaz

Colgate '20

Colgate