This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Aside from this week’s Campus Cutie being a super scholar, he also has the voice of an angel. Come hear Ben Phelps sing a solo at Colgate’s Resolution’s parent’s weekend concert at 7pm!

Name: Ben Phelps

Hometown: New Hartford, NY

Intended Major: Psychology and Music double major

Class year: Class of 2018

Campus Activities: Colgate Resolutions, University Orchestra, University Jazz Ensemble, UC Service & Outreach Committee

What has been your happiest moment at Colgate? “One night at the beginning of last year, when my four roommates and I were all hanging out, there was a distinct moment when I realized that the five of us were all going to be great friends (we’re still living together).”

If you could go back to freshman orientation, what would be the first piece of advice you would give yourself? “Eat as many Coop grilled cheese sandwiches as your meal plan allows…before it’s too late.

What is your ideal Colgate date? “Wake up on a beautiful autumn day, walk around the farmers’ market, hit up the RIG lunch buffet, and then kayak on Lake Moraine for a while.”

What is your biggest turn off? “When someone isn’t true to who they are, and tries to be someone they’re not.”

What is your favorite part about being a member of the Colgate Resolutions? “We’re a big happy family that can make beautiful music whenever we feel like it. It’s the best!”

What is your biggest pet peeve? “Jaden Smith’s twitter.”

What is your spirit animal? “A big, friendly, lovable golden retriever.”

What is the strangest thing about yourself? “For whatever reason, I have extremely stretchy skin.”

Morgan is a junior at Colgate University where she majors in Creative Writing and minors in Film & Media Studies.  On campus, Morgan is a New Member Educator for greek life's Kappa Kappa Gamma.  When she's not under stacks of English literature in the library, you can find her watching old reruns of Laguna Beach with her co-correspondent leader, Caroline Parsons.  An avid listener of country music, interior design fanatic, and diehard Bachelor spectator.  Check out the blogs and articles produced by Morgan, Caroline, and their diverse (just as weird) team of writers!