This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Fall is all about recharging, refreshing, and revamping…especially when it comes to your beauty routine. In the summer, you can do absolutely nothing to your face or hair yet still look good, but as the weather changes, so must that effortless summer beauty regimen. The fall season requires a little more effort but fortunately you don’t need much for the transition, just a few of the following must haves!

Face: Let’s face it- our summer tans will be gone in no time and before we know it there will be snow…and lots of it. While this is depressing news to some, there’s one way to keep our skin looking fresh instead of flakey. First of all, start exfoliating once a week to scrub away dead skin cells. Next, work on prolonging your summer glow. No, do not fake tan or waste your time with a self-tanner!  Hoola bronzer by Benefitgives you a perfect, natural sun kissed look. During the summer, you should brush bronzer onto the spots where the sun naturally hits your face; however, now that it’s fall, try using bronzer as a contour.  For instance, sweep some under your cheekbones for a more sculpted look.  

Eyes:Be thankful that your sunglass tan is over; now it’s time to show off your eyes! Metallics and deep tones are perfect for fall. These shadesby MAC are great for creating a nighttime smoky eye.

Body:
Summer signifies light, beachy scents, but autumn calls for something new. Try these fresh perfumes that add a little more spice to your scent. Acqua di Parma Gelsomino Nobile, $108, available in September at Saks Fifth Avenue; Estée Lauder Sensuous Nude, $52, available at Estée Lauder.

Nails:Switch from bright to dark polishes. Deep blues, purples, browns, and even metallics are perfect fall nail shades. Currently, my favorite polish is Estee Lauder’s Metallic Sage, which was recently featured by Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere.  

Hair:
You most likely let UV rays wreak havoc on your hair summer (I don’t blame you; deep conditioner is the least of my worries when I’m on the beach), so the least you can do is use some restorative treatments to get back that desirable shine. Try Alterna’s Rehab Deep Hydration Masqueto rejuvenate your locks completely.

Caroline Tocci is a Colgate '13 post-grad living in NYC. Besides working as an editorial assistant at Scholastic, she enjoys running, traveling, sailing, cooking, cheering for the Patriots, reading, and writing, of course. You can check out her blog Caroline's Cucina at http://www.carolinescucina.tumblr.com or follow her on Twitter, @carolinetocci. 
Emily Bliss is a sophomore at Colgate University, where her academic interests include Political Science, Economics, and Chinese. She hopes to attend business school upon her graduation. In addition to being a tour guide and admissions office volunteer, she competes with the Alpine Ski Racing Team and the Rugby Club. Emily calls Cambridge, Massachusetts home, as it is where she was born and raised, though she loves living in Hamilton, New York when school is in session. Her favorite activities include spending time in and around Boston, watching Gossip Girl, traveling, and cooking!