Ark.com: The Search Engine for People

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Ark.com is an up and coming social media search engine that allows you to create your own online identity. It’s like Google, but just for people! Ark allows you to formulate a profile based off of all of the modern social networks used around the world. You can create your own page by filtering the things you want and don’t want on your Ark profile! When someone types your name into Google, a million social networks will pop up; with Ark, you can have all of your networks in one location and then use that location to find people with whom you want to connect. Imagine having your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Pintrest and Tumblr all in one place. What’s even better is knowing that you can interact with people by filtering out certain sites, edit your Ark page by taking out your Facebook and adding in your Foursquare. The best part about Ark is the ability to create the connections that you need and want. You can search for people in your current area, look up old friends from high school or find new business associates. Ark lets you search for people you don’t already know, based on qualities and features that YOU choose. No fear! Ark is very safe plus it’s exclusive: you need an invite just to join in order to verify that you are who you say you are. Facebook has already tried to purchase the Ark concept, but CEO Patrick Reiley denied the offer and decided to take the Ark penguin and run with it. Techcrunch.com reported that the Berkeley grad wanted to “make something bigger than Facebook.” Keep your eyes peeled for the Ark penguin lanyard, stickers, magnets, phone swipes and tee-shirts all around Colgate! 

Check out Ark’s cool mobile and web interface:

Mobile Ark Profile

Mobile Ark Search

Ark Search List

Ark Photo Page

Search for people that can relate to ANYTHING 

Ark Profile 

Watch the Vimeo at http://ark.com/ for more info and get started creating your profile today! 

Stay updated with the Ark FB page! https://www.facebook.com/ark.com?fref=ts

Elena Havas is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Colgate University. She is an English Major with an emphasis in creative writing as well as a Minor in Film and Media Studies. She began blogging for Her Campus in the Spring of 2013. She has made new initiatives to expand Her Campus across Colgate's Campus. She is a native of New York City and some of her interests include life advice, pop culture, women's rights, public policy reform and referring to herself in the third person under her alias notoriously known as "lanes".