This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Colgate student, Jenna Walter, is studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark during the spring semester of her Junior year. Read more to hear about her amazing experience!

ARI: Where are you studying abroad?

JENNA: Copenhagen, Denmark

ARI: What has been your favorite trip and why?

JENNA: RUSSIA. Literally the coolest experience of my life. I went with my class for a school trip so we did a lot of companies visits but we also did a ton of cultural stuff. We actually got to meet up with Russian students twice for dinner and going out which was really fun and interesting. I really enjoyed listening to their different perspectives about living in Russia and learning how distance the majority of the country is from the administration. I was really happy to be able to visit both St. Petersburg and Moscow but I need to find a time to go back because was there was so much I didn’t get to do, definitely would recommend!!!

ARI: What have you learned about yourself as you study abroad?

JENNA: I would say I confirmed that I am a pretty independent person and learned I’m more spontaneous.

ARI: Do you miss Colgate!

JENNA: I definitely miss parts of Colgate, specifically the people! I love being abroad and think everyone should go but it’s super different (and expensive) so I’m sad to leave but also excited to return to Colgate in the fall.

ARI: What qualities do you hope to bring back to Colgate?

JENNA: Not getting so stressed out!

ARI: are you ready for senior year?

JENNA: Yes!!

Ari Lear

Colgate '20

Colgate
My name is Meghan and I am very excited to be Colgate's Campus Correspondent! I am a junior at Colgate and a Sociology major. My hometown is Manhattan Beach, California, and Colgate is such an amazing and special place to me (despite getting used to the brutal winters)! I love social media, writing, and photography, and can't wait to share all of the events, trending topics, and news happening at Colgate this coming semester!