6 Possible New Year’s Resolutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

New Year’s is a great time to come up with a resolution for yourself to make the year ahead one that is more enjoyable. It can also be a time to come up with a goal that can better yourself. Although everyone is different, here are six possible New Year’s resolutions that can either reduce your stress level, help to better yourself or allow for something new.

1. Stop procrastinating– I know that I am definitely guilty of procrastinating. I will find almost any excuse to put off my work, but in the end, it always just creates more stress. In a way to reduce your stress this new year, stop procrastinating and manage your time wisely. It is likely that you will actually have more time to do things
you enjoy after your work is done.

2. Cut down on the cursing– I know that I have begun to curse far more than I would like to. Since I’ve been home these last few days, I have caught myself a few times when I was about to swear in front of my parents. My parents definitely would not be happy and also, it just isn’t lady-like.

3. Eat healthier– I know it is hard when the only option you may have is Frank but eat healthier will make you feel better. Healthier food provides you with more energy and even can make you happier. A good way to start eating healthier at school is limit deserts to Sundae Sunday. That way, you can treat yourself for being good all week.

4.Work out more– Or if you already work out, continue to stay fit. I know once the semester gets going it is hard to find time to go to the gym and sometimes you just don’t feel like it but it is a great thing to do. By
setting some time aside to go to the gym, you are able to work off some stress, take a study break and even burn some calories. On top of that, Trudy, the new fitness center, is great, equipped with all  new machines.

5. Make a new friend– As the saying goes, you can never have too many friends. This is definitely true, whether it be a Hamilton local, a fellow students or a professor. College is a great time to make new friends because there are so many wonderful people around you.

6. Try something new– I know that in Hamilton, there is not much to do but Colgate has so many clubs and organizations that students can join. From ski team or debate club, there is definitely something that will interest you. Check them all out at: http://www.colgate.edu/studentlife/clubsandorganizations.html

Alexandra Hite is a sophomore at Colgate University where she intends to major in Environmental Studies and minor in Spanish. At Colgate, she is involved with the Sailing Team and the Alpine Ski Team. Born and raised in Albany, New York, Alex enjoys running, baking, and traveling. Additionally, she enjoys surfing on Cape Cod during the summers. Her favorite city is Boston, where she hopes to attend law school upon graduating from Colgate University.