This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

With Trudy Fitness Center being closed until further notice, I’m sure many of us are unsure how and where to workout. Are you having a difficult time picking what workout to do because there seems to be too many? Here are the top 5 fun yet effective workouts that you can stream from your room. Most of them include little to no equipment, various duration, and are super easy to follow along. The best part is you won’t be intimidated trying out these new workouts because you’ll be in the comfort of your own room. I have loved trying out all of these streaming programs throughout quarantine and hope you will enjoy them too! 

1. The Sculpt Society- by Megan Roup

The Sculpt Society is primarily sculpting classes and dance cardio classes. Instructed by Megan Roup, the classes are super upbeat and so enjoyable that you will barely feel like you’re working out. I am by no means a dancer, but I love these workouts! 

DURATION: 30-minute dance cardio and 30-minute sculpting are the most popular, but she has classes ranging from 10- 60 minutes

EQUIPMENT: Little to no equipment- think yoga mat, 2-3 lb hand weights, sliders and ankle weights (all optional).

PROMO: She is offering a FREE 14-day trial so you can try it and see if you like it before you commit to it. 

2. Melissa Wood Health 

Melissa Wood Health has a mix of yoga and Pilates workout classes as well as meditations. They are low impact and a great way to move and tone your body. Her calming presence is an amazing way to make working out feel a little bit more therapeutic. 

DURATION: 8 minutes- 60 minutes.

EQUIPMENT: Little to no equipment and the props are always optional- think yoga mat, 2-3 lb hand weight, ankle weights and occasionally a chair as a prop.

PROMO: She is offering a FREE 7-day trial so you can give it a shot and see if you like it before paying for a month. 

3. Torch’d- by Isaac Boots

Isaac Calpito is the creator of Torch’d, an intense class consisting of resistance, bursts of cardio and targeted repetition. Be prepared to sweat because the burn is so real in this class! Plus, an added bonus is that this workout is FREE! 

DURATION: 45 minutes. 

EQUIPMENT: For this workout you will need a yoga mat, ankle weights, hand weights and a booty band. 

PROMO: This workout is completely free. Isaac goes live on his Instagram @isaacboots every day at 11am but also saves them on his IGTV so you can access them whenever! 

4. Peloton

Peloton has a very large library of strength, cardio, bootcamp, yoga, meditation and stretching on their online app. With such a wide variety, you could download the app and try a new type of workout literally every day! They are some classes that are super intense and hard and some that are great for slower days. 

DURATION: 5-60 mins. 

EQUIPMENT: It depends on the class, but some classes require no equipment and others you will need some hand weights and/or resistance bands. 

PROMO: If you already have the Peloton bike or tread, you can log in with your already established account. If not, you can subscribe for $12.99 a month. 

5. Burn- by Mandy DiMarzo 

Burn is an amazing full body HIIT workout that will lean and tone your muscles. You will definitely feel those muscles the next morning, but it will be all worth it. This workout was created by Colgate soccer Alum, Mandy DiMarzo, and since quarantine she has transitioned to an online platform! 

DURATION: 45-50 mins. 

EQUIPMENT: Encouraged but not required are, yoga mat, dumbbells, booty band, sliders, jump rope. 

PROMO: She has various different pricing options depending on how often you think you will do it!  

Phoebe Casey

Colgate '22

Hi! I'm Phoebe and I am a junior studying psychology.