This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

The thought of working out can be a daunting prospect and might not be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of an enjoyable activity. However, that does not need to always be the case! There are so many workouts out there that can be fun and enjoyable. It’s all about finding the one that works for you. I have compiled a list below of some of my favorite workouts that can make working out exciting. 

1. Dance Cardio 

If you are like me, you are certainly not a dancer. I have absolutely no coordination and lack any sort of rhythm. With that being said, follow-along dance cardio is a great workout that is low impact but still gets your heart rate up. My favorite dance cardio is from The Sculpt Society by Megan Roup. She has a wide range of videos, all of which are easy to follow and help work up a great sweat! There are also YouTube videos and plenty of other apps and websites that offer dance cardio.

2. Yoga Sculpt

If you are looking for strength workouts instead of cardio, Yoga Sculpt is great! But do not be fooled by the word yoga in front of this. Whether you’re doing Melissa Wood Health or @goodness_with_g, I guarantee you will feel it tomorrow. Great music and a good flow will make sure you enjoy these challenging workouts!

3. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)

I know HIIT is not for everyone but hear me out. Sometimes the best way to find a workout you really enjoy is by changing up your workout routine. While at the moment I may not be enjoying the HIIT workout when I am doing squat jumps and burpees, the feeling after a solid HIIT workout is fantastic. Also, a HIIT workout is one of the best exercises to do when pressed for time. It is incredibly effective and efficient. 

4. Peloton 

Although this is not a specific workout, the selection of classes and the Peloton app Trainers have made me enjoy working out so much more. Depending on my mood, I can choose between a running, strength, or yoga class! There is so much variety with Peloton and many options for all levels, which keeps it interesting. I know I will never run out of classes to take on Trainers!

5. Walking 

Walking is one of the best ways to move your body while not working up a big sweat. Whether that be putting on a good playlist or listening to a podcast while walking by yourself, or having a friend join you, walking is the perfect solution to making working out enjoyable. It allows you to get outside and move while still being low impact and fun! 

Hi! I'm Elizabeth and I am a junior and a Sociology Major!