Wellness > Mental Health

5 Ways to Show Yourself Post-Valentine’s Day Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Make March, aka Women’s History Month, a month to appreciate the most important woman in your life: You! Here are five things you can do to keep the love alive in your relationship with yourself:

1. Be your own Valentine

Just because Valentine’s Day is over doesn’t mean it’s too late to let yourself know how loved you are. Get yourself a little gift and buy the post-holiday sale candy. A little retail therapy never hurt anyone. 

1. You can still have a Valentine 

Love comes in so many different forms. Even if you didn’t have a special someone to be your Valentine, that doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate the day even though it’s passed. Team up with a friend and be each other’s Valentine. You can have all the fun of Valentine’s Day without the stress of making it perfect for a significant other!

1. Take an everything shower for no reason

An everything shower isn’t just for date night; as we all know, they can reset your day, week, and month. Put on a good playlist or podcast, and take time for some self-care. 

1. Check in with your routines

While the “New Year, New Me” season may be over, that doesn’t mean it’s too late to prioritize yourself by elevating your day-to-day. Even waking up 5 minutes earlier could give you the much-needed me time you deserve before getting to class. 

1. Give Yourself Grace

Valentine’s Day can be hard for many people. Try not to stay caught up in being single, but don’t get upset with yourself if you do. Take the pressure off yourself and instead try taking time to get to focus on yourself. 

Valentine’s Day and February may be over, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late to show yourself the love you deserve. 

Elizabeth Stearns is a member of the Colgate class of 2027. She enjoys writing about pop culture and wellness. Before writing for HerCampus Colgate she wrote TV/Movie and Music reviews and recommendations for a monthly newsletter. Elizabeth is on the Pre-Law track and plans on majoring in Sociology with a Minor in Psychology.