5 Things to Do Over Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.
Well, the time is upon us: Thanksgiving Break…for 10 beautiful days (finally!!!) I am so excited that I don’t have to try to cram an entire to-do list into 5 days, which leaves me plenty of time to decompress as well. Maybe you’re aren’t as type A and list oriented as I am, but here a couple of things you’re not going to want to forget to this break

1. Cuddle your pet
  As soon as I walk through the door of my house, my little Yorkie, Lucy, comes sprinting up to me. She pulls her gums back into what can only be described as a doggie smile and makes noises that can only be described as gerbil noises. For the rest of break she doesn’t leave my sight, 
and in most cases my lap. 10 days is going to fly by and before you know it, you’ll be back at Colgate for 3 hard weeks of no furry friends.

2.Spend time outside
  By sheer statistics, chances are you live somewhere with better weather than Colgate…unless you live in Iceland. We’ve been spoiled with 
lots of sunshine and warmer weather this November, but that may not be the case when we get back from break. Go for a run, hike, bike ride, or even just sunbathe because you are going to miss those UV Rays when you’re trapped in Case cramming for exams for the last gloomy weeks of the semester. 

3.Chipotle
  Maybe you’re favorite food isn’t Chipotle, but if I had to take a wild guess, it is. Like addicts of any kind, I need my fix whenever I can get it. Between going to what my mother deems acceptable eating establishments, home cooked meals, and Turkey Day itself, Chipotle could easily be overlooked this break. For this reason, I’m penciling it on my calendar now. 

4.Shopping Thanksgiving is late this year and our winter break is shorter, so this break is a great opportunity to finalize your wish list…or buy gifts for other people. If you know me, you know which one I’m more concerned with (#diva). Also, if you’re Jewish, I would hope you have this squared away. Chanukah starts on Thanksgiving!

5.Take time to get ahead on work HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I kid. Seriously, don’t even think about it. 

Happy Thanksgiving everybody and have a great break!
Elena Havas is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Colgate University. She is an English Major with an emphasis in creative writing as well as a Minor in Film and Media Studies. She began blogging for Her Campus in the Spring of 2013. She has made new initiatives to expand Her Campus across Colgate's Campus. She is a native of New York City and some of her interests include life advice, pop culture, women's rights, public policy reform and referring to herself in the third person under her alias notoriously known as "lanes".