The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Fall is finally here! This means that it’s time to transition from summer clothes to some warmer and cozier pieces. The weather here in Hamilton is definitely all over the place, so it’s good to have some staples ready to go in your closet. Here are some pieces you can easily dress up or down, depending on what you’re feeling style-wise and have super cute outfits either way!

cardigans

The first staple is cardigans. They’re perfect for any outfit and are truly versatile. You can easily wear them with jeans or sweatpants and dress them up or down. Pretty self explanatory!

How I’m styling cardigans: I love to wear a cardigan with a tank top and yoga pants.

joggers

The next staple is joggers. They’re an essential for me, especially here at college. They’re super comfy, and you can totally dress them up if you’re not feeling the full-on sweats outfit. My personal favorite joggers right now are the American Eagle fleece boyfriend joggers. I bought 5 pairs of these joggers, so that lets you know how much I love them! American Eagle also has these amazing denim joggers if you’re looking for something comfy that still makes you look like you’re wearing jeans.

How I’m styling joggers: I’ve been wearing my American Eagle joggers with a cropped t-shirt and a zip-up hoodie!

turtleneck sweaters

The second it starts to get chilly, there’s just something so comforting about turtlenecks! They’re a personal favorite of mine, especially during the fall. There are lots of turtlenecks out there in fun colors as sweaters or shirts, but there’s also turtleneck sweatshirts. Again, American Eagle has another one of my personal favorites, the Forever Cropped Turtleneck Sweatshirt. It’s super comfortable and also very trendy!

How I’m styling turtlenecks: I love to wear turtleneck sweaters with some jeans or a turtleneck sweatshirt with yoga pants.

halter tops

Recently, I’ve been obsessed with halter tops. They’re perfect for every occasion, with or without a sweater, with shorts or sweatpants, or even jeans. They’re cute, comfortable, and easy to wear by themselves if you’re hot and easy to layer if it’s chilly. They’re also super flattering. 

The Aritzia halter tops have been a personal favorite of mine, and they have them in so many colors. Athleisure halter tops, which are also sports bras, are also a great way to wear something cute AND comfy! The Girlfriend Collective is a brand which has sustainably made activewear, and I highly recommend their Paloma Bra and Dylan Bra.

How I’m styling halter tops: I’ve been wearing athleisure halter tops with leggings and a sweatshirt, and regular halter tops with sweatshorts and a sweatshirt.

mom jeans

It’s safe to say that mom jeans have made an epic comeback recently. They’re definitely trendy again, and you can find them in almost any store nowadays. They’re a simple but staple and flattering piece of clothing to wear this fall.

How I’m styling mom jeans: I’ve been wearing mom jeans with a cropped short sleeve t-shirt and a jean jacket.

My name is Alisa, and I am a junior at Colgate University majoring in psychology. Career-wise, I am interested in the marketing, advertising, publishing, and journalism industries. Outside of school, I love learning about art history, reading fiction and non-fiction books, and staying active by playing soccer or tennis.