david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career > Her20s

The 3 Sweetest & Spookiest Parts of Halloweek

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

It’s nearing the end of October, the leaves are falling, and you’ve finally made the switch from iced to hot coffee. This can only mean one thing: Halloween—and the entire week it monopolizes—is approaching. From the high of fastidiously planning your costume(s) to the low of that aggressive Amazon Prime bill waiting for you at the end of the month, Halloweek is sure to be memorable. Here are some of the best and worst parts of Halloween at Colgate:

The Sweet:

1. This one probably goes without saying, but costumes. You can dress up literally however you want. If you want to wear nothing but a bikini top, go for it. If you’re vibing more with a head-to-toe Bride of Frankenstein situation, go all out. Frat basements during Halloweek = no judgment zones.

2. Halloweek is such a valid excuse to procrastinate all of your work and have fun. Yeah, you’ll probably have an extra bad case of the Sunday Scaries this weekend, but it’s so. worth. it.

3. We all know that awkward lull at a pregame where you run out of things to talk about and you just kinda stand there uncomfortably. Not during Halloweek, when you’ve got tons of easy conversation starters (“What are you dressed as?”, “What was your costume last year?”, etc), and maybe even costume inspo for next year. 

The Spooky:

1. I’m not gonna lie, the freezing walk down Broad Street in nothing but Spandex and devil horns is ~almost~ enough to make you ditch the cute costume next year. Suddenly, the matching onesies your roommate wanted to wear are sounding pretty damn cozy. 

2. There is no way you’re gonna end up with each component of your costume intact by the time you get home. That pair of cat ears you spent 45 minutes picking out on Amazon? Smashed on the floor of the Jug. Those sparkly fishnet tights? Ripped to shreds. Major RIP.

3. Let’s face it, no one here has the time to plan out four different creative costumes, so you’re gonna end up going with one of the basic stand-bys by Saturday night. If you don’t end up settling for a black cat, vampire, or devil at some point, you’re lying. No shame though, you still look cute.

Colgate
Colgate