13 Songs to Add to Your Summer 2022 Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Feeling sick and tired of listening to the same 3 songs? Yeah, I get that feeling all the time. So, here are 13 (go ‘Gate) songs–some new, and some not–that you should add to your summer playlist.

As It Was by Harry Styles

Harry Styles is his own genre of music. This song was a new musical direction for him. It’s much more indie-style than his previous songs, and it definitely belongs on your next laidback playlist.  

When You’re Gone by Shawn Mendes

I’m obsessed with this song to the point that I replayed it over and over for hours when it first came out. There’s something about an upbeat backtrack mixed with sad lyrics that gets me every time. Enough said on that one. 

Up At Night by Kehlani ft. Justin Bieber

I loved this collaboration between Kehlani and Justin. Their voices work well together, and it’s a fun song to dance to when you need a little study break. 

Synchronize by Milky Chance

This song will make you want to never stop dancing. Warning: the catchy chorus will replay in your head for the foreseeable future. 

Believe by Caamp 

If you need a road-trip song when golden hour hits during a long drive, this is the song. Caamp always fits that vibe, and you won’t be disappointed. 

It Gets Dark by Sigrid

This song gives me major main character energy. If you want to put your head against the window and self-reflect, this is the song for you. 

About You by NOTD ft. Nightly 

This song is a late-night jam and will definitely get you in the mood for summer. NOTD provides some dance-worthy beats, so be sure to add this one to your summer playlist. 

My Love – Edit by Florence and The Machine

Florence and The Machine will always be my go-to. For some reason, the edit especially sets the summer mood.

Another Man’s Jeans by Ashe

This is my favorite song by Ashe. It’s fun, light-hearted, and perfect for dancing. It will definitely be my summer jam this year. 

Complete Mess by 5 Seconds of Summer

Maybe it’s the 5SOS nostalgia or the desperate longing for summer to be here already, but I love to scream along to this song in the shower.  

Especially You by Wallows 

Who knew Dylan Minnette could sing? Another catchy summer song, Especially You reminds me of Time To Pretend by MGMT, meaning it’s an absolute banger. 

Slow Down Summer by Thomas Rhett

If you’re in the mood for a cool, calm country song, this is the song for you. Even in cold weather, this song will make you feel like summer’s already begun.

Run Into Trouble by Alok ft. Bastille

This is a true party song. You’ll want to dance and sing your heart out all summer long. 

My name is Alisa, and I am a junior at Colgate University majoring in psychology. Career-wise, I am interested in the marketing, advertising, publishing, and journalism industries. Outside of school, I love learning about art history, reading fiction and non-fiction books, and staying active by playing soccer or tennis.