element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Trendy Essentials for Your Christmas List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

When we were younger, it was always fun to wake up on Christmas morning and rip open presents, normally completely surprised by their contents. However, now that we are older and wiser we all know how completely necessary it is to give our parents a detailed list of what we want for this special holiday. Although this takes the element of surprise away, no one wants to open a bunch of presents that they don’t like and aren’t going to use. Here are some trending items that would be perfect for your list this year!

1. Kylie Lip Kit

Sold out within seconds of releasing this product, now is your chance to embrace the opportunity to have this super popular makeup item. You might as well have your lips look nice if you’re going to be under the mistletoe this holiday season!

2. Puma Rihanna Creepers

Just when you thought you had the cool, new “in” shoes when you bought your pair of Adidas Superstars or Stan Smiths, Puma has stolen the spotlight with their Rihanna Creepers. Also, who wouldn’t want to rock something that Rihanna designed, because I mean come on, it’s Rihanna.

3. Sanctuary – Velvet Bomber Jacket

If you want to look in with the latest fashion trends, then this bomber jacket is calling your name. It will go with just about anything and also make you look super cool.

4. MiniMD Microdermabrasion system

This item most definitely needs to go on your list this year, I mean if you want perfect skin. Don’t get freaked out, but basically the outer layer of your skin is removed using light abrasion which allows the growth of healthy new cells. This will erase sun damages, lines, wrinkles, and blemishes. A must have for all of us who aren’t born with naturally perfect and always clear skin.

5. Birchbox Subscription

If you love skincare products and trying out different things, then the birchbox needs to go on your Christmas list this year. Every month five beauty products, handpicked just for you, are delivered right to your doorstep. And it’s only $10/month with free shipping!

6. Illesteva – Leonard Sunglasses

Another great item to put on your list are these tortoise and blue mirrored sunglasses. Not only are mirrored sunglasses so in right now, these are classic and can be worn all the time.

7. Ettika – Choker Lariat Set

This necklace is perfect to put on your list because you basically get two necklaces for the price of one. It has a choker and a drop necklace that look super cute together, but also can be worn separately. This piece is definitely a score.  

8. Soundbot Water Resistant Bluetooth 3.0 Shower Speaker

Who doesn’t love singing in the shower? With the speaker, you can play your favorite songs while you go through your shampoo and conditioner routine. Also it’s under $20.

9. Swell Water Bottle

These water bottles are seriously game changers: they stay cold for 24 hours and warm for 12 hours. They also have no condensation so you never have to open your backpack to find the paper that’s due in your next class drenched from your water bottle.  

10. Sharper Image – Hair Straightening Brush

We all wake up and know it’s going to be a bad hair day. However, you can kill two birds with one stone by using this brush, it untangles and straightens your hair all at once. Talk about a time-saver in the morning!

My name is Meghan and I am very excited to be Colgate's Campus Correspondent! I am a junior at Colgate and a Sociology major. My hometown is Manhattan Beach, California, and Colgate is such an amazing and special place to me (despite getting used to the brutal winters)! I love social media, writing, and photography, and can't wait to share all of the events, trending topics, and news happening at Colgate this coming semester!