Tweeting on Campus: Great Colby-related Accounts to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Managing social media can be daunting. Between Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, it’s hard to navigate what goes where and why. On Twitter especially, there are so many great names out there to follow that it can be overwhelming and hard to find the standouts. Don’t fear Colby Collegeiettes, here are some great, Colby-relevant Twitter accounts to follow!

@ColbyGrlProblem: Colby Girl Problems is the perfect account to follow for a laugh, mostly because you, as a Colby Collegiette, recognize the blunt truth in the text of the tweets. The tweets range from Saturday night recaps to dining hall commentary and all provoke a “So true!!” response.

@themules: For the true Mule Fan, this account provides the outcome of every Colby athletic event and a link to the full article about the game on the Colby website. Other great accounts to follow for the athletically in tune Colby Collegeiette include

@MuleMob: Colby’s athletic fan group focused on celebrating school spirit and

@nescac: tweets about all of the sporting events in Colby’s conference.

@PartywConsent: The official twitter feed of student club MAV (Mules Against Violence) shares details about events sponsored under the motto “Party With Consent.” Follow them for three things that every Collegiette loves: to find out when they are selling their infamous tanks, to find out when they are sponsoring a dance and to support a popular Colby organization with a great motto!

@theloudness: Student Programming Board tweets about “keeping things classy and rowdy on the Hill.” From events such as Loudness to SGA elections, keep up with Colby life through this account.

@inthecac: Essentially the _______ problems of the NESCAC, In the ‘Cac tweets about things that only a ‘Cac-member Collegiette can relate to. Using “small, liberal-arts college” humor combined with inter-league rivalry, this account is not one to miss.

@HerCampusColby: Not to be biased, but this is the number one twitter account for Colby Collegiettes! Complete with links to new articles, catch up on new Campus cuties, Campus celebs, fashion trends and Colby happenings through HC Colby’s own twitter feed.

Other great accounts to follow include:

@ColbyCollege: The official twitter account of the College

@thecolbyecho: The twitter account of the Colby on-campus newspaper

Image Source: http://www.mediabistro.com/

Gillian graduated from The Winsor School in Boston, MA in 2012 and is now a member of the class of 2016 at Colby College.