Take the Oscars Red Carpet to “The Street”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

My favorite part of awards shows, and the Oscars in particular, is by far the gorgeous dresses the celebs step out in.  There are so many amazing new colors and trends, but they don’t have to stop at the celebrities’ wardrobes.  Here are some ways to incorporate the style of the Academy Awards into your everyday-wear this spring/summer season.

Mila’s Lavender

Mila Kunis was definitely one of my best dressed at the Oscars on Sunday, and I am all about pastels, especially for spring. The cute, flirty dress is a great way to ring in the warmer weather.

ScarJo’s Lace

Lace is a classic summer staple, and I love the more free spirited use of it in this flowy Free People top.

Jennifer’s Clean Lines

Jennifer Lawrence is gorgeous as is, so I loved the fact that she went so simple with her dress.  It’s also a perfect, effortless look to use for summer.

Gwyneth’s Metallic

Gwyneth Paltrow looked amazing on the red carpet this year, but metallic isn’t always the easiest to pull of for spring or summer, but the metallic detail on the jean cut offs from American Eagle create a perfect, fun balance you can wear day or night.

Penelope’s Sequin Detail

Want a fun spin on sequins? Put them on a bathing suit!  This one incorporates pretty, summery colors to keep it cute and not overdone.

Jennifer’s Brights

Bright colors are always the perfect way to spice up your summer-night-out outfits, so try finding skirts and dresses with eye catching color and detail, like the brilliant orange of Jennifer Hudson’s dress.

What were your favorite Oscar dresses and how do you plan to use the trends this season?  Share your ideas in the comments section!

Photo Credits:
www.nordstrom.com
www.freepeople.com
www.ae.com
www.victoriassecret.com
www.eonline.com

Kassy is a sophomore at Colby College. She's a biology major hoping to attend one of Boston's prestigious medical schools. Kassy's real passion is food, however, whether it be cooking or eating, and she took her first step into the culinary arts this summer by becoming a certified bartender. She loves her hometown of Boston but would spend all her time on an island somewhere if she could. Her never-miss shows are Glee and The Office and she can't get enough Kenny Chesney music. Kassy's other favorite things include shopping (preferably at lululemon or Anthropologie), hot yoga, her puggle, Bailey, and Captiva Island, Florida.