This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

The recreational sneaker is quintessentially American and indisputably college-friendly for its comfort, style and versatility. With labels like Vans, Converse and adidas playing a significant role in defining and redefining iconic street footwear, there is a constant demand for creative reinterpretations of old favorites. As of late, sneaker line Superga has become wildly successful stateside with a century of history in its native Italy. With spring upon us it is time to reevaluate your closet with spring-cleaning and freshen up your shoe collection with some sensible and stylish sneakers. Perfect for walking around campus, the city or road tripping on spring break, the sneaker is a classic youthful staple not to be overlooked. Check out a few of the following collaborative efforts for spring:

Kenzo for Vans: Just in time for spring, Kenzo has paired up with Vans sneakers in their fourth collaboration together. The collection is expected to hit Vans and Opening Ceremony stores mid-March. In the character of Japanese designer Kenzo’s penchant for playful color and design, the line will consist of a variety of brightly colored animal print patterns in Vans’ classic slip on and lace-up styles. This line is sure to be a fun twist on a classic American sneaker.

The Row for Superga: The Olsen Twins’ acclaimed high-end ready-to-wear fashion line is continuing its collaboration with the Italian sneaker line this spring. Following The Row’s fall cashmere take on the traditional low-top tennis flat, Superga’s most popular sneaker is available for spring in a linen variation. Available in black, sand, cranberry and navy blue with gold-toned hardware, this collaboration offers a more luxe take on a comfortable and stylish classic.

Opening Ceremony for adidas Originals: In their second collaboration together this spring, the two labels have elected to modernize a couple of adidas classics, like the EQT Trail High-top sneaker and the New York Run low top sneaker. Inspired by running and tennis from the 1990’s, the duo’s spring line is noteworthy for its eye-catching colors, like indigo and chartreuse, paired with unlikely animal prints and strips. The tactful play of color and pattern makes for some attractive combos in this spring collaboration, available online now and in stores mid-April.

Photo Credit: http://www.thegoodwebguide.co….

Gillian graduated from The Winsor School in Boston, MA in 2012 and is now a member of the class of 2016 at Colby College.