Sixteen Must Do’s before you Leave “The Hill”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

It’s crazy to think about, really. In less than a month, the school year will be over and you’ll be off vacationing or relaxing at home for the summer. And while it is tempting to put off that economics problem set—or maybe you have an English paper like I do, or an oral presentation, or maybe even an art project—by spending an inordinate amount of time planning out every last detail of what you’ll be doing over the summer, don’t forget to enjoy your last few weeks on The Hill! After all, we’ve had beautiful weather lately, and SPB has planned a number of exciting activities for the next few weeks! In the spirit of our last month or so at Colby, I have put together a list of 16 things that might be fun to do before leaving campus!

1. Pull an all-nighter. Except don’t do work. Instead, just hang out with friends! Trust me, these are the nights you’ll remember from college.
  2. Do something fun outside. Play soccer. Or Frisbee. Or if you happen to see a professor’s cute dog running
    around outside, pet it or ask if you can play fetch with it for a few minutes. Go tanning, or do your homework outside. Hmm, well, that was a lot of things, but hey, enjoy beautiful, warm Maine weather while it’s here!
  3. Attend one of your professor’s office hours. Trust me, they like receiving guests. And it’s good to find a mentor!
  4. Attend a visiting lecturer’s presentation in a department that interests you. Oh, and talk to him or her if you get the chance.
  5. Walk around Colby’s Museum of Art. Strangely, a lot of people here at Colby have never seen the wonderful stuff in there.
  6. Wear something really nice one day just for the heck of it. This makes a lot of people feel really good, I’ve heard.
  7. Go to the Coffee House and listen to awesome music one night, also, just for the heck of it.  
  8. Try your best to “win the dining hall” with your friends one night.
  9. Attend a morning yoga or meditation session.
  10. Explore the library. Sometimes, I find it fun to walk down random isles and flip through strange titles that I’ve stumbled upon.
  11. Capture some funny pictures with friends.
  12. Remember to support Colby during athletic teams’ home games.
  13. Sign up for something through Colby Connect.
  14. Donate to a good cause if you see a table set up in Pulver one day.
  15. Explore Waterville if you haven’t already.
  16. Oh yeah, and remember to go to Wiz on May 6th!

Photo Sources

1. http://www.insidecolby.com/photos/viewalbum.php?id=167#slideshowwell
  2. http://collegeprowler.com/colby-college/photo/4344/
  3. http://nimadilla.deviantart.com/art/Wiz-Khalifa-Wallpaper-2-195484214

Brett is a senior at Colby College. She is an international studies and anthropology double major, and spent her first semester of college in Dijon, France.  She enjoys writing, traveling, Gossip Girl, and Thai food. Already having interned at fashion designers and magazines, she is excited to contribute to Her Campus! She is also a certified personal trainer and loves working out.