Show Your Spirit in Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

We all love showing our school spirit, but not many people realize how many great options are offered amoung the Colby Bookstore’s shelves.  So next time you go for that standard navy tee with the big white COLBY across the chest, just think…with one short walk down to Pulver, I could be looking a heck of a lot cuter right now.  Not convinced?  Here are some of my personal favorite Colby items, offered right here on campus, that will be sure to whet your appetite for school spirit and style.

Keeping Warm

This windbreaker is great for guys or girls, especially in the spring (which is coming…eventually…).  $38.99

I love this take on the classic college sweatshirt, but the different colored searsucker letters add a cute, preppy tone to an otherwise plain hoodie.  $39.99

Ok, so I know this article is geared to my fellow collegiettesTM, but this is the cutest little jacket I’ve ever seen!  This kids’ letterman-style jacket would make the prefect present for the little future Colby-ers in your life.  $29.99

T-Shirts

This t-shirt is really bold and fun, and I am a huge fan of v-necks.  It’s a perfect alternative to the standard Colby tee.  $17.99

Being from Boston, I love that this shirt looks just like the Red Sox ones I’m so obsessed with.  This is another item that’s great for guys and girls, as well as an excellent gift idea.  You’ll also need something green to wear for Doghead! $10.99

Looking for a fun Colby insider?  This “Dana Beach Lifeguard” tee is a perfect solution.  Who doesn’t love a good lifeguard shirt, all while showing that you are a true Colby-er. $13.99

Lounge

These awesome pajama pants come in a ton of cute colors and, believe me when I tell you, they are the softest things ever.  Perfect for changing into after a long day of classes and cold. $21.99

This hockey jersey is super versatile.  I would wear it hanging around my dorm room, on the weekends with a pair of jeans, or, of course, to cheer on the mules out on the ice.  $79.00

Accessories

Don’t get me wrong, the little plastic holder they give you for your Colby Card freshman year is very thoughtful, but I was over that look in about a week.  These guys, on the other hand, are crazy cute flannell to keep your card cozy warm through these harsh Maine winters.  And the backside is clear to show your card easily, as well as hold  money or anything else you might need.

Have any favorites from this list?  Leave them in the comments below!

Kassy is a sophomore at Colby College. She's a biology major hoping to attend one of Boston's prestigious medical schools. Kassy's real passion is food, however, whether it be cooking or eating, and she took her first step into the culinary arts this summer by becoming a certified bartender. She loves her hometown of Boston but would spend all her time on an island somewhere if she could. Her never-miss shows are Glee and The Office and she can't get enough Kenny Chesney music. Kassy's other favorite things include shopping (preferably at lululemon or Anthropologie), hot yoga, her puggle, Bailey, and Captiva Island, Florida.