Shane Rogers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Year: 2015
Dorm: Heights
Favorite dining hall: Bob’s
Major: Philosophy and Government
Hometown: Yonkers, NY
Relationship status: Taken
Things you can’t live without: Basketball, my family.
Interests: Intellectual conversations, music, reading, and of course basketball.
Favorite Movie: Love & Basketball
Favorite Song: The Ride-Drake Ft. The Weeknd
Favorite Book: The Great Gatsby
Favorite Professional Athlete: Chris Paul

What do you do on campus?
I am on the Men’s basketball team.

What’s one girl trend you don’t understand?
Rain boots with leggings….like if it is raining, why the leggings; if it isn’t raining, why the rain boots?

What do you look for in a girl? How about a deal breaker?
She has to be pretty in the face, great hair, and a smile. I am a huge fan of long legs, but also short, petite, cute girls. A girl has to be able to make me genuinely laugh, not just because she is pretty, so I do it to be nice. A deal breaker? I would have to say a lot of attitude; I do not have time for that.

If a girl offered to make you dinner, what would you ask her to cook?
Mmm, I would ask her to cook chicken cooked with spinach, tomatoes, and peppers on top of pasta. It is my mom’s best meal, and if she wants me to spend dinners with her she has to be able to cook, because going out can get expensive. If she can’t cook, I will be spending more of those dinners with my mother.

What’s your most embarrassing moment?
My first kiss.

What’s your favorite pick-up line?
Girl you look so good I wish I could plant you and grow a whole field of y’all.

What makes you different from the average Colby student?
I could state the obvious…

What’s #1 on your Colby bucket list?
Actually get a girl with my favorite pick up line.

How did your first kiss go down?
I was in second grade, and the girl I had a crush on was “moving on” from my elementary school. I started to cry at the ceremony and she came and gave me a kiss. I swear I did not eat that night, just so I could savor that kiss. I did not want anything else touching my lips.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
It would have to be Florence. I am huge sucker for wine, art, and the romantic aura. I am for sure an undercover romantic.

Any guilty pleasures?
Umm…watching The Titanic…or other romantic movies. They put you on an emotional ride watching them.

What’s your dream job?
I would love to be “Hitch.”

What kind of shampoo do you use?
Head & Shoulders, have to keep the short cut free of dandruff.

If you were a character in the movie Mean Girls, who would you be and why?
I would for sure be Regina. I would run the evil, popular clique with no remorse.

Finish this sentence: if you really knew me, you’d know that…
You should never ask to watch the original Willy Wonka movie because my biggest fear are the Oompa Loompas in it; they horrify me.

Eliza hails from Cambridge, MA. She is a senior English major with a concentration in creative writing at Colby College. She has been working with Her Campus Colby since it launched. At Colby, she is also mentors a little girl twice a week and cooks at the Mid Maine Homeless Shelter. She knows more about sports than most boys-- especially Boston sports-- her one true love. But she also has a passion for classic literature, fashion, and modern art.