This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Recently, I’ve discovered that podcasts are a great way to switch up what I listen to during the day. Whether you’re in a car, on a run, or just hanging out, a podcast is a great way to explore an interest, listen to a story, or just be entertained. I love that there is such a variety of podcasts available on so many platforms, and I thought I’d recommend a few to anyone who is interested in trying them out! Here are some current favorites and recommendations below.

Crime Junkie

For those who are intrigued by true-crime stories, this podcast is for you! The two hosts (Brit and Ashley) choose a different real-life crime story to tell each week. They do a great job of picking interesting stories that you may never have heard of before! While creepy for sure, it is incredibly informative. 

The Goop Podcast

I personally LOVE the Goop Podcast. Recommended to me by a friend, this podcast is hosted by Gwynyth Paltrow and Elise Loehnen, and covers everything to do with wellness. They interview tons of interesting guests including famous doctors, holistic healers, and nutritionists. The podcast also stops occasionally to check in with Q and A’s from the hosts themselves. The Goop podcast comes out twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays!

Ageless

Hosted by designer Cynthia Rowley and her daughter Kit Keenan (who is currently on Matt James’ season of The Bachelor), this mother-daughter podcast covers a wide range of topics. Some recent conversations have included interviews with other influencers, like YouTuber Margot Lee, as well as other up-and-coming entrepreneurs. It is a great listen for anyone interested in fashion or business, and just a fun time in general! New episodes are released bi-weekly. 

Thick and Thin

Influencer Katy Bellote is the voice of this history-based podcast. In her episodes, Katy covers a variety of topics, interweaving her own personal life with stories from the past.  Listening to this podcast has allowed me to explore the story behind diamond engagement rings, as well as the life story of Zelda Scott Fitzgerald. It is truly fascinating stuff! Episodes are posted every Thursday.

I hope this list gives you some good podcast inspiration and helps to brighten up your snowy days! If these don’t do it for you, there are thousands of other podcasts to explore for free online or most places you listen to music!

Natalie is a junior at Colby from Capitol Hill in Washington DC, but is currently abroad in Sweden! She is a Government major and an English minor here at Colby.