Planning Spring Break (and other excursions)

It’s crazy how fast time flies. I feel like I just got to Israel yesterday, but it’s already been over a month! Those of you who are abroad can relate to this feeling. It’s time to start planning more and more adventures.

With spring break coming up, I figured it would be a good idea to devote this blog post to travel suggestions for spring break. Since I have absolutely no experience as a travel agent, I figured it would be best to exchange booking websites and actual travel guides…

To find the best deals…

1) StudentUniverse.com: It’s kind of like Expedia.com, but it considers student rates. They can help you find everything from flights to train tickets to hotels and hostels.

2)Kayak.com: This has become my new favorite website for booking trips. They compare rates between airlines and websites like Expedia.com, orbitz.com, and cheaptickets.com. You’re bound to get a great rate!

For what to do once you reach your destination

1) Lonelyplanet.com: Has great suggestions, organized by nightlife, museums, shopping, etc. If you can get a book, it’s probably more extensive. But I’ve had a lot of success with the website

2) Tripadvisor.com: Tripadvisor has lots of suggestions for things to do, places to eat, etc. They even have an app for your iPhone!

3)traveldk.com/destinations: I’ve always been a fan of Eyewitness Travel books. I was so happy when I found out they have a website too! All of the suggestions have great pictures to go along with them, which makes it easy to figure out what you want to do!

Share your suggestions!

Photo:
www.homeaway.com