This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Meet Morgan Lingar, this week’s Campus Celebrity. Not only is she the president of SGA this year, but she is also involved in a slew of things at school. Her best advice? Get involved! Read on to learn more and check out the SGA website!

Tell us a little bit about yourself (hometown, major/minor, etc):

I am from Danville, NH, which is a small town about an hour outside of Boston. I went to Timberlane Regional High School for the last three years before Colby, but before that I was homeschooled. I am double majoring in Mathematical Sciences with a Statistics concentration and Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. I love having variety in my classes!

How did you spend you summer?

I worked at the Colby Career Center for the first part of the summer. It was my third summer being on campus, and it never gets old! Summer here is amazing, and I love hiking and exploring Maine. For the last four weeks of the summer, I worked at cross country camps. People always think I’m a little weird for going to running camp, but it’s really a great time!

How did you first get involved with SGA?

At the end of my freshman year, I ran for dorm president as a write-in candidate at the last minute. I ended up loving SGA, so I started to get more and more involved!

What do you hope to accomplish with SGA this year?

Kareem and I have a lot of goals for the year, but they are all centered around our slogan from the spring: “Bringing Colby Together.” Right now, I am really excited about our new Sunday evening Storytime series. We held the first Storytime this year, and it was packed with students! In general, I hope to be as supportive of student ideas as possible. We have a strong group of SGA members this year, and they are already taking on some great initiatives.

What other activities do you do on campus?

Outside of SGA, my main role is as captain of the Cross Country and Track teams. I am also a logic tutor. In the past, I have volunteered for Colby EMS, been a Chemistry Research Assistant, and been a member of the Feminist Alliance, Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, and 2013 Class Council, but I am trying to stay focused on academics, athletics, and SGA this year.

Can you give our readers some advice as to how to juggle everything?

Staying organized is the obvious part, but learning to say no has been very important for me. Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to do everything you might want to do, and you have to learn to commit to the things which are most important to you and say no to the rest.

What has been your favorite part of Colby?

Athletics has been a huge part of my life here. I have made great friends on my teams, and Deb Aitken is a wonderful coach. I love being part of a team and knowing I will be focused on one thing for two hours every afternoon.

Do you have any plans for next year?

I am currently in the process of applying to law school and to a few jobs. I’m just waiting to see what happens!

Any final advice for our readers?

Get involved! Taking ownership in some part of the school will help you feel connected to the school, let you meet more people, and help you to feel out your interests outside of the classroom.

Brett is a senior at Colby College. She is an international studies and anthropology double major, and spent her first semester of college in Dijon, France.  She enjoys writing, traveling, Gossip Girl, and Thai food. Already having interned at fashion designers and magazines, she is excited to contribute to Her Campus! She is also a certified personal trainer and loves working out.