This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Where are you from?I am from San Francisco, CA. 

What are you majoring and/or minoring in? 

I am double majoring in History and Russian – hooray for future unemployment!

Why did you choose to come to Colby? What would you say is your favorite part about Colby?

Basketball got me interested in attending Colby and played major role in bringing me to the Hill.  Along with my favorite sport, Colby’s great academics also were huge in my college choice because I wanted to find a place where I could chase my basketball dreams while still receiving an awesome education.  My favorite part of Colby is no doubt the people here.  We have so many awesome people from so many different walks of life – that’s what makes Colby such a special place.

What are some of the things you are involved with on campus? 

On campus, I am a member of the Varsity Basketball Team and SGA.

Are you excited to be the uprising SGA president? What sorts of new ideas are you planning on brining to the table? 

As the rising SGA Vice-President I’m not only excited to dive into some of the projects SGA has worked on this year, but also even more excited to have more fun next year.  I’d love to have more Page Dances, more Tailgates, and more events that bring us all together. 

How does it feel to be internet famous? Which bench-side cele is your favorite to perform? 

To be honest, it’s pretty crazy being internet famous.  A lot of my friends from home were blowing up my Facebook and whatnot, so that was kind of fun to be a part of something that a lot of people were enjoying.  Favorite cele is definitely “Field Goal Unit” because it gets all of the boys involved. 

Who is your favorite athlete and why?

Favorite athlete is Kobe Bryant – his tenacity, desire to win, and overall mentality on the hardwood is something that I grew up watching and something that inspires me whenever I play.

Fun fact about yourself?

I speak Russian.  Does that count as fun?

Gillian graduated from The Winsor School in Boston, MA in 2012 and is now a member of the class of 2016 at Colby College.