This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Sundays, to some, can arguably be worse than Mondays. The weekend is coming to an end and it’s time to prepare for the impending week ahead. But with the right mindset Sundays can be a productive, yet relaxing day to reset and recharge.

Start your day off with good food

Sundays are notorious for being the day of brunch. Don’t stress about sleeping in, and whenever you wake up grab some brunch. I personally recommend belgian waffles from Selah Tea in downtown Waterville to hit the spot on a Sunday morning. Getting some good breakfast in always starts the day off right.

Check off neglected items on your to-do list

Sundays really are perfect for catching up on things you didn’t have time for during the week. Now’s the time to take out the trash, send that email, call your grandma, or whatever it is you need to get done.

Plan your upcoming week

If you’ve read my previous article, Ditch Your Planner and Start a Bullet Journal, you’ll know my thoughts on planning. Sunday is the day I like to sit down and write out what I have going on in the upcoming week. Dedicate a few minutes of your day to doing this, and I guarantee you’ll instantly feel a little less stressed and overwhelmed. If you want to be extra, now is a good time to even check the weather for the next week. There’s been way too many times this semester I’ve seen people hurrying through campus drenched because they didn’t think to bring their raincoat.

End the day with some relaxation

Whatever relaxes you, do it! Something I like to do on Sunday nights is take a nice long shower and do a face mask. Sometimes showering feels more like a chore during the school week when you’re swamped with homework. Make your shower on Sundays into something to look forward to before bed. Bring your body scrubs and face masks, blast your music as if you aren’t sharing a bathroom with ten other people, and just relax.

With these tips, Sunday can become the day of the week you most look forward to. Get things done and don’t forget to recharge for the next week!

Sarah is a current senior at Colby from Westchester, New York. She is a psychology major and art minor.