This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

With the end of the school quickly upon us, warmer weather and optimistically freer schedules invite students to take pleasure in local finds. Maine is spotted with delicious local restaurants and cafés not to be missed during our time on Mayflower Hill. With graduation weekend on the horizon, incoming parents and friends will be satisfied with some tasty dining options outside of Waterville. For departing seniors, a short trip to the coast or South to Portland is a nice excuse to experiment with some menus before leaving school. Check out four unique spots to get you, your parent and friends out exploring, and a classic Waterville favorite for when you want to stay closer to home.

Crema Coffee Company, Portland: Set in a warmly furnished industrial space with exposed brick walls and high, dark wood-raftered ceilings, this waterfront spot is an inviting haunt for working, reading and enjoying a cup of coffee. The array of tasty baked goods, made in-house daily, offer up a variety of vegan and non-vegan treats. The coffee- and crema- speaks for itself in this authentic find. Try a chocolate banana oat Elvis bar or oatmeal-raspberry-chocolate cookie for a delicious afternoon treat. Bagels, homemade granola and yogurt offer less sweet options, as a variety of teas seek to satisfy non-coffee drinkers.

9 Commercial Street, Portland, ME

Fore Street Restaurant, Portland: Well-known amongst many students for its delicious menu that changes with the seasons and with the availability of fresh, raw ingredients sourced as locally as possible. With an exposed kitchen, wood-burning oven and beautifully visible wood vegetable crisper, the dining experience at Fore Street is unabashedly unique. Dark wood, large windows and dim lighting create a comfortable atmosphere in which diners of all varieties are sure to find something of pleasure in the diverse menu full of vegetarian, chicken, fish and meat options. Dessert is no exception at this Portland mainstay of chef-partner Sam Hayward. Check out the Standard Baking Company in the space below for some delicious baked goods to take home.

288 Fore Street, Portland, ME

Primo Restaurant, Rockland: Entering into its 14th season, this farm-to-table restaurant relies so heavily on local resources that it is only open from May through September, but will be so just in time for graduation weekend. An authentic composition of Italian and Mediterranean-inspired dishes, the menu is marked with diversity in the fish, meat and pasta options it offers. The Primo menu redefines fresh and local as everything served at the restaurant is grown, raised and harvested on the property- animals included. Set up on a hill in a charming multi-story house, this restaurant is a great excuse to take a short trip to the coast of Maine and experience all that fresh cooking has to offer.

2 South Maine Street, Rockland, ME

The Orange Cat Café, Kingfield: Serving breakfast and lunch, this brightly-decorated spot on the way to Sugarloaf Mountain is easy to miss on the road if you fail to have your eyes out for the orange clap-board house that is home to the café. The namesake orange cat strolls around the inside greeting guests, while a refreshing décor of mosaic mirrors and lively-colored walls make for a lovely stop en route to the mountain- or back if it so happens. Homemade pastries, like the raspberry white-chocolate scones, and diverse offering of sandwiches, breakfast burritos, salads and coffee drinks are all to be enjoyed. The Orange Cat is a wonderful must-stop for any drive.

329 Main St, Kingfield, ME

Grand Central Cafe, Waterville: For a tasty spot a little closer to home for students, Grand Central Café in downtown Waterville goes surprisingly undiscovered by many. With a recently re-vamped menu offering an endless catalogue of creative pizzas, Grand Central is a favorite amongst those who have had the pleasure of discovering it. The homemade chili and complementary homemade flatbread never cease to please at this family and student-friendly spot. The brick oven easily takes up a quarter of the interior space, inviting diners to take comfort in the cozy atmosphere. The menu features dozens of white, red and pesto-sauce pizzas to try, with custom orders welcome and gluten-free crust available. Try the classic Tattoed Lady pizza, a favorite for its pesto, chicken, tomato, Gorgonzola and broccoli combination. Vegan items are also available.

10 Railroad Square, Waterville, ME

Brett is a senior at Colby College. She is an international studies and anthropology double major, and spent her first semester of college in Dijon, France.  She enjoys writing, traveling, Gossip Girl, and Thai food. Already having interned at fashion designers and magazines, she is excited to contribute to Her Campus! She is also a certified personal trainer and loves working out.