Johnny Pintauro ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Where are you from?

I am from this small town called Pelham in Westchester, New York.

What year are you? 

Junior.

What’s your major? 

Double Major in Psychology and Classics with a minor in Managerial Economics.

Where do you live on campus? 

The Heights—Campus life tried to kick me out of Heights into Grossman in October, but they were kind enough to offer me a different single in Heights down the hall without roof access to eliminate any possible temptation.

What are you involved in on campus? 

I’m a Diver on the swim team, a member of MAV, and I just started CCAK this fall.

What’s your signature dive? 

Uhh…. I guess a front 1 ½  in pike.

Why did you choose Colby? 

I visited Colby as a high school senior during December loudness and had a blast. It was the first school I visited, so I wasn’t sure until I visited another school and had a miserable time. After that I applied ED to Colby because I knew I’d be able to have a good time and get a great education.

Favorite thing about Colby? 

I love how we don’t have RAs. I mean, sure, we have CAs, but they’re basically just there to make sure nobody is unconscious in a bathroom. No parents, no rules, more fun.

Favorite Colby memory? 

The pig roast last spring was a great time. Definitely a rough one, but nonetheless one of my favorite memories at Colby.

If you had to be handcuffed to one person at Colby for a day, who would it be? 

This is a bit of a nightmare scenario for me, but if I had to I’d probably pick my adviser, Tarja Raag, because she’d probably laugh about the whole thing and use the two of us being handcuffed as some example in one of her classes.

Tell us about your family!

I am the youngest of five siblings–Kevin, Bobby, Kellyann, Elena. And yes, I am my mom’s favorite. My parents, Bob and Ann, are both one of eight kids so holidays are always a mess.

What’s your favorite dining hall? 

Dana— the cantina burritos though…

Most embarrassing memory from freshman year? 

I showed up to Colby with my jaw wired shut because of some debauchery that occurred in early August. So I guess it wasn’t so much having it wired that was embarrassing, but rather explaining what happened which was really embarrassing. I was an idiot… basicially.

What advice would you give to your freshman self? 

Don’t waste all your savings in a year… and with the extra money pay a shrink to confirm your self-diagnosed ADD. 

What’s your favorite Spa food? 

Fritters with fries. My sauce choices include ranch, hot sauce, ketchup, and a mayo-ketchup mix.

What’s your favorite song right now? 

I tend to binge listen to songs until I find a new song to binge on. Right now if I have headphones I’m either listening to Adele’s “Hello” or Alison Wonderland’s “You Don’t Know” Slander remix.

Favorite Waterville restaurant? 

Mirakuya, hands down. Been a consistent customer since freshman year. Sushi? Hibachi? Why not both?

Favorite fun fact about yourself? 

My Yakarma is 44,412.

Dunkin’ or Starbucks?

I do love GTLs–Green Tea Lemonades–from Starbucks, but for coffee I’m definitely a Dunkin boy.

M&Ms or Skittles? 

I’ll eat either, but I only ever buy M&Ms. 

Gillian graduated from The Winsor School in Boston, MA in 2012 and is now a member of the class of 2016 at Colby College.